[Tool/Web/Other] PawnoSharp - Newest Pawn IDE - READ

PawnoSharp
Alpha RC Released

Yes, this is yet another new Pawn IDE. This one is designed to look like Pawno, so the transition from Pawno to PawnoSharp is easier. Believe me, I know what it is like trying out new pawn editors. GETTING USED TO THE LAYOUT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS, but not with PawnoSharp!
This is Pawno, plus all the functions you wanted in Pawno. Tabs, a better code editor, a refreshed UI and most of all, it's OPEN SOURCE. That means if you have a problem with it you can improve it and send your new version to me and I will make it available to EVERYONE. ALL PEOPLE. EVEN TREES AND TURTLES.

Alpha Release Candidate
This version is probably FULL of bugs. Please let me know when and if you find any.

Application and source code: https://github.com/Schurman/PawnoSharp

PawnoSharp is undergoing a HUGE update from its Alpha version!
View the update post HERE!

Looks nice man! (:

Nice. Might come in useful. Its like updated. Good work.

That's not the final version...at all. That's like... super alpha 0.0.0.0.1 version. I don't even have the load/save/compile functions in yet.

Nice job.
My suggestions.
If the line code is wrong.
Put the error below (you don't need to compile to check for errors)
Instead of displaying the error when compile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romel
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice job.
My suggestions.
If the line code is wrong.
Put the error below (you don't need to compile to check for errors)
Instead of displaying the error when compile.
So... like IntelliSense but for Pawn?

Best of luck!

If you script an IntelliSense like Visual Studio in pawn it will be great and most of developers of SA-MP will use it. Also tabs to open many scripts in one program will be good. Good luck.

If that's what you want... that's what you'll get.

Thanks for the suggestions and good feedback.

Nice.

P.S - What are you using for the Syntax HighLighting?

I have some suggestions,

- Add a basic starting code for beginning GMs, while clicking on the 'New' button
- Compilation can be shown with a progress bar with the details being shown, and the error shown below the script

This looks sexay, looking forward to it's release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMapper
View Post
I have some suggestions,

- Add a basic starting code for beginning GMs, while clicking on the 'New' button
- Compilation can be shown with a progress bar with the details being shown, and the error shown below the script
I don't believe pawncc.exe has an asynchronous loading function. It just does its job. I already did the first one.

If you click new, a dialog will pop up asking which kind of script you would like to create. (GM or FS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
View Post
I don't believe pawncc.exe has an asynchronous loading function. It just does its job. I already did the first one.

If you click new, a dialog will pop up asking which kind of script you would like to create. (GM or FS).
But still, you can try it, right?

Also, will there be a in-built brackets missing finder?

Also, add Includes while which kind of script you want

Quote:
But still, you can try it, right?
No. It's impossible.

Quote:
Also, will there be a in-built brackets missing finder?
Yes.

Quote:
Also, add Includes while which kind of script you want
You want me to put includes into my program and have the user choose them?
I can do this but I don't think I'm allowed. That's redistribution.

Not bad!

I love the status bar on PAWNO which you probably killed. There also should be something to count the row (line) number, column number, selected (highlighted) letters count and the number of rows (lines) from which the text is selected. The design is beautiful, although, I won't use unless you can get tabs on it. As one might suspect, most of the above suggestions are from Notepad++, it would be nice if you study that too and search for features you might want to add. Wishing you good luck for the development.

Quote:
View Post
You want me to put includes into my program and have the user choose them?
I can do this but I don't think I'm allowed. That's redistribution.
No, you misunderstood me

I meant, while pressing the 'New' tab, it will show ' Do you want to create a Game-mode or a Filter-Script ?'

You can make includes right? So, ' Do you want to create a Game-mode, Filter-Script or a Include? '

I hope you can understand me

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If that's what you want... that's what you'll get.

Thanks for the suggestions and good feedback.
Great, in which language and plataform are you developing it?

If you can get the auto-compile like this editor has: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=404037

And show the errors asynchronously, I am in! :P