Server Hosting Popularity.

Like I was wondering how this server popularity works. What I realized was that private server AKA(HomeHosting) have lower chance to gain players and the server that that uses VPS box to host will have higher chance to get popular. Like is this a money issue ? Becuase what i saw/experienced was the server that host on VPS has atleast cuple players in the server and the private servers will still remain zero(in a hopeless opinion). Becuase I know that some SA-MP players wants to start thier little business, "Like they start from small, by hosting thier server at thier home/private location becuase they have a decent network". Perhaps base on my opinion: Homehosting is a standard metod to gain popularity and VPS hosting or dedi hosting is a above standard metod to gain popularity. "I have a feeling that, it will require money to make some server popular."

SA:MP Players usually look for servers that have great scripts, but mainly great connection and are able to stay on 24/7. Home hosting doesn't always fulfill those requirements, hence people either buy a gameserver, a VPS to host most of their systems (as in voice communicate, website, and server, etc.) and some get dedicated servers to make a community (for other games like minecraft, tekkit, etc.)

Sometimes, I see hosted servers that ain't very unique. Also, seeing Home-Hosted servers that is made from scratch. As Vince said in his signature:

There are 2 kind of people here, People with knowledge but no money, and People with Money but no knowledge.

Hosting samp server in a host(not homehosting) and Making your appear in hosted tab is the easy way..other wise you should have a lot of friends who are ready to play and be a part of your server.

Quote:

"I have a feeling that, it will require money to make some server popular."

That is true. However, server owners mostly do not need to pay the costs themselves, as they can rely on some players donating to keep the server alive, because they like the server. That's the principle of running the large and popular servers.

Best way to get players : Advertisments , Scripting/mapping difference , be a famous sa-mp server.