How to make my server popular?

Hello,
I only have about 19 players on my server, and I'm usually the only one who gets on everyday. Can I have some tips on how to do it?

Extra Info: I already put a server advertisement up this month.

Make videos and pat on *******

Make sure your script is unique as that is what players like

Get your server in hosted tab.

Get your server in hosted tab, have a unique script and don't be a silly administrator.

consider the "economical" part: like, spread the word. convince players to STAY on your server. ONE player online being entertained (by YOU), is worth more than 20 ocassionaly logged players assuming to get a full featured, bugfree, new gamemode.
speaking from my experience:
when iam in my server (with no players yet), i can mess with some scripts and debug spam etc., but sometimes when i was afk for some time, then i find myself with 10 or more players around. conincidence?
10% of those players are already registered, they know some places already. the graph on monitor.sacnr is pending between 0 for few days, then 25 peak for some minutes (which isnt scanned mostly due to the large interval) - they seem to try to find tactics for another well known CnR server around (me included) or just enjoying themselfes.

you are complaining about 19 players online - i assume its the players peak, so they can interact. your gamemode depends on teams, 19 is a bit too few maybe, but think about that:
my server has not been advertised here, once. its not in the hosted tab. it got only 40 slots.
how is it possible that the player peak multiplies by 10 when iam afk, doing nothing?
how can i enjoy playing a skydive, a race, a chase, a tank battle, a dockfight, or a DB bike duel with 10 more players i already know and i can trust, for like 2 hours once or twice a week?
its the time you invest into our hobby. spend time online, youll get the reward after some time. i promise.

oh, not to be rude (funny little quiz)
1(me*time)*10(more players*time each)= 11*playertime;
19(your server)*x=MAX_PLAYERS;
...finding a solution (x) will motivate you, i bet
you know that i admire any playercount >5 ?

I think not that Hosted Tab bring many Players..

The key for a popular server is, surely, its atmosphere. If the players are helpfull and know how to entertain others motives people.
You also should have an unique GameMode, full of your own ideas and scripts.

Let people that are online something that would make them want to stay on like:
-When a new player logs in welcome them to the server personally.
-let players want to progress in their awards with prizes,new a abilities,etc...

Yes make a You Tube video like somone said, and show the cool/epic things in your server...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackazur
Посмотреть сообщение
I think not that Hosted Tab bring many Players..
It does not. It's kinda a waste of money untill you get a shitty script and name it like " ***** COPS VS BANDITS *************"

Then everyone will join and play on shitty kind of servers like that. You can give a try of tab, but not recommended.