Serious Issue [RCON Exploits?]

What this acutally means?

[9:16:41] Warning: /rcon command exploit from: 4:213.*.*.*:40859

my server getting constant attacks, and server log is spammed with above line.

I don't fully remember what caused it but it's some sort of tool. Just add "rcon 0" to your server.cfg file, in a new line. You won't be able to perform rcon commands from the console though.

Are you actually using 0.3e? I believe this only occured in some old version of SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnu
Посмотреть сообщение
What this acutally means?

[9:16:41] Warning: /rcon command exploit from: 4:213.*.*.*:40859

my server getting constant attacks, and server log is spammed with above line.
Looks like somebody is trying to BruteForce your server and log in remotly to your RCON Console, Just go in your server.cfg and put rcon 0

And Change your RCON password to something containing upper and lowercase letters, symbols and numbers, it's a very good way of securing it

And you will be able to log in to RCON via the server and perform commands, you just cannot do it remotly from a different computer using a 3rd party program or a batch file program to access your console box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.TheDarkness
Посмотреть сообщение
And Change your RCON password to something containing upper and lowercase letters, symbols and numbers, it's a very good way of securing it
I beg to differ on this one, as it's easier for a program to randomize things (which it looks like you're getting to), than to guess a series of actual dictionary words that have no relation with each other. For example,

Код:
1lsdkjweocooswqWdxbnmwme
Is easier to guess than:
Код:
catwintropheywindowsXP
As most programs that are built to brute force are randomizers - and don't normally use the dictionary as a series of words. Besides, if it did, it'll take a while as the password could be of nearly any length, of any word(s), and of any order. Thus, randomizers are usually used more.

My opinion is just to use actual dictionary words, capital/lowercase are good, along with numbers. This way, it'll be much harder to crack.

Everything else I agree on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, there you go. ****** has figured it out. But either way, it states that it can take an extreme amount of time either for preparation or for the attack - depends on how it's executed. Therefore, you're safest bet is still using dictionary words with combination of numbers.