GTA San Andreas is coming to PSN

"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas represents the culmination of the GTA trilogy on PlayStation 2, a game released at the height of the series’ popularity during the last generation. It’s the best-selling game of all-time on the PS2, and has sold 27.5 million copies on all platforms, according to Kotaku.

And now, thanks to the PlayStation Blog, we know when Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be coming to the PlayStation Network in the form of a PS2 Classic. The ESRB rated San Andreas for release on the PS2 back in October, so we knew it was en route at some point. Today, we learned that the release date is mere days away.

The PS2 Classic version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available on the North American PlayStation Store this Tuesday, December 11th. No price point is mentioned, though it’s safe to assume that it will cost $9.99, like all other PS2 Classics on the PlayStation Network. There’s no word yet on if and when it will be released in other territories.

Grand Theft Auto III is already available on the North American PlayStation Network as a PS2 Classic. Strangely, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was rated by the ESRB for release on the PS2 back in January, but hasn’t yet been released on the PSN."

Source: IGN

And once more they try to squeeze money out of you. I still have the PS2 disc which still works fine in my PS3. Shame for all those who bought a PS3 after the backwards compatibility got removed. They can throw their PS2 games in the trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
And once more they try to squeeze money out of you. I still have the PS2 disc which still works fine in my PS3. Shame for all those who bought a PS3 after the backwards compatibility got removed. They can throw their PS2 games in the trash.
They don't get monthly subscriptions costs like Microsoft does for xbox, so why not?

I think he means Take2/R*

$10 is not that much money. If you want to relive a awesome game, then get this. Otherwise, yeah, you don't need to buy it. I have always prefered playing games on a console.

Source. You have to load all comments, it's there somewhere and it's repeated several times.

I have it for PC and classic Xbox. Pointless for me.

WILL THERE BE SAMP FOR PLAYSTATION ?>??

just getting inb4 all the nubs

SAMP for PSN? What!?

(Just Kidding.)

what

DAFUQ?The game is like 10 years old,and they release It on the PSN,NOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald_Groove
Посмотреть сообщение
DAFUQ?The game is like 10 years old,and they release It on the PSN,NOW?
They usually wait awhile intill the game is old to add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorHost-Kevin
Посмотреть сообщение
They usually wait awhile intill the game is old to add it.
If they see that there's still a demand for that specific game, they add it to newer platforms, so they can maximize their profits from it. Why waste money by not adding it to PSN when the game is still played?

It's released? I Just saw it today on PS News, when started my PS3 console. I Think it's just made compatible with PSN, if there is multiplayer available.

Note that this probably isn't the action of Rockstar Games. Most of it, along with the price, might be handled by Sony itself, as it is released as a "PS2 classic". Sony wants to get a lot of such games into the store, after the many questions and comments on the removal of the backward compatibility in the PS3. Why shouldn't Sony add the best-sold PS2 game then?

That's why GTA San Andreas is in the PSN Store now. R* just gave it some extra publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Because if you still have the ps2 disc you are more likely to not have a ps2 anymore right?

Anyways, I still got a ps2 laying around so id rather play it "classic" on there, unless there are some improvements or additions in some way atleast.

I can understand the latest versions for PSN, but why SAMP? Most people are upgrading now a days..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Javorsky
Посмотреть сообщение
I can understand the latest versions for PSN, but why SAMP? Most people are upgrading now a days..
What has SA:MP got to do with all of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_hual
Посмотреть сообщение
What has SA:MP got to do with all of this?
What do you mean "What SA-MP has to do with this?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Javorsky
Посмотреть сообщение
What do you mean "What SA-MP has to do with this?"
GTA: San Andreas was released on PSN. Not SA-MP.