Talking Animation OnPlayerText based with length of the message.

I know how to apply the animation

"PED", "IDLE_CHAT"

However, I don't know how to make the animation play based in the text length.
Also i saw some server. The IDLE_CHAT can be apply when player is crouching.

But when i try it. It doesn't apply when crouching..

Back to topic..

"How to make the animation play based in the text length"

If you want it as realistic as possible you should check what the average human words/minute rate is. After some googling I found that the average adult reads 250-300 words/minute.

Then you could use a loop to check for number of spaces in a chat message sent and then start counting words, and then make a timer based on number of words and the reading rate.

Example code:

pawn Код:
new
        wordCount;
for( new i = 0; i < strlen( text ); i ++ )
{
    if( text[ i ] == ' ' )
        wordCount ++;
}
wordCount += 1; //There will always be an extra word as there is not a space after the last word.

ApplyAnimation( playerid, "PED", "IDLE_CHAT", 1.0, 1, 1, 1, 0, ( 0.24 * wordCount )); //250 words per 60 seconds = 1 word per 0.24 seconds

I didn't get what are you talking about, but I think you're saying that when a player types something(eg:anim name) and it's length is to your specific value, it'll apply an animation then. If yes, here's a kinda example:

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerText(playerid, text[])
{
 if(strfind(text, "Anim", true) != -1 && strlen(text) == 5)
 {
  //Code here.
 }
 return 0;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarzI
Посмотреть сообщение
If you want it as realistic as possible you should check what the average human words/minute rate is. After some googling I found that the average adult reads 250-300 words/minute.

Then you could use a loop to check for number of spaces in a chat message sent and then start counting words, and then make a timer based on number of words and the reading rate.

Example code:

pawn Код:
new
        wordCount;
for( new i = 0; i < strlen( text ); i ++ )
{
    if( text[ i ] == ' ' )
        wordCount ++;
}
wordCount += 1; //There will always be an extra word as there is not a space after the last word.

ApplyAnimation( playerid, "PED", "IDLE_CHAT", 1.0, 1, 1, 1, 0, ( 0.24 * wordCount )); //250 words per 60 seconds = 1 word per 0.24 seconds
Receive tag mismatch in the ApplyAnimation line.

i try to use this

pawn Код:
new wordCount;
    for(new i = 0; i < strlen(text); i ++ )
    {
        if(text[i] == ' ')
            wordCount++;
    }
    wordCount += 1;
    new seconds = floatround(0.24, floatround_round);
    ApplyAnimation(playerid, "PED", "IDLE_CHAT", 1.0, 1, 1, 1, 0, (seconds * wordCount), 1);
no errors but it play the animation for ever.

Try setting a timer according to the string and clear the animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romel
Посмотреть сообщение
Receive tag mismatch in the ApplyAnimation line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
That's because "wordCount" is an integer, as is the last parameter in "ApplyAnimation"; however, "0.24" is a float.
Honest mistake. And it should also be multiplied by 60000 as it's milliseconds. I was tired when I made the snippet, I apologize.