[GameMode] New Vegas Cops And Robbers (NVCNR) by Weponz

New Thread https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=463657

AWESOME,ILL TRY IT ON SERVER,HOPE YOU CAN MAKE AN AWESOME WORK LIKE THIS AGAIN

OMG! THIS WAS THE BESTEST SERVER EVER!!@@

AWESOME GM!!

Great! +6 reps

How come it was released?

Edit: Looking at the code, it's good for a free release but the coding sucks.

- Constant variables everywhere.
- Filing System (Not MySQL)
- Streamer is NOT Incognito's...

Like I said, it's good for a free release but it's just shoddy.

No offence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
Посмотреть сообщение

No offence.
This reply is from Weponz he said me to reply this
Quote:

The streamer plugin is strictly for the dynamic housing and business system CP's and
the Checkpoint Manager is for the global CPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Robardo
Посмотреть сообщение
7/10, you knew MySQL, why didn't you convert the GM into MySQL?

Better to use Incognito's streamer for this GM

Good code, Degrees...
Would you like to copy anything more of what I previously said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wolf
Посмотреть сообщение
This reply is from Weponz he said me to reply this
I managed to do Dynamic Housing and stores and global / normal checkpoints just from Incognito's, it's no excuse.

Very nice job

Niiiceee (:

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

No offence.
1. Sure there are a lot of variables but it has the exact same result as using an enum. All the variables are optimised and I really don't see why this would be an issue.

2. MySQL isn't needed in a server that does not plan to use website integration. MySQL is quite overkill for a small servers anyway. SQLite would be pretty cool in this sort of gamemode but it's not really any slower or less efficient with files.

3. The checkpoints could have used incognitos but I don't really think that it matters too much. This is probably one of the only floors in the code and it could have been improved if he simply just changed a couple of functions. You don't really need an object streamer when you are not going to use the MAX object limit so that doesn't really matter.

I wouldn't have released this for him if I didn't think it looked good. The code could have been made shorter but there are not too many points that could have been improved to make the gamemode more efficient. Anyone can critique each others code but I wouldn't put it as far as saying it's shoddy.

@KyleSmith - Who cares -______-

AMAZING GAMEMODE! I love it, thank you Weponz and the NVCNR people! I remember this one server was the best cops and robber server i ever played! thank you for releasing it! LOVE YOU SO MUCH NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzoAMG
Посмотреть сообщение
@KyleSmith - Who cares -______-

AMAZING GAMEMODE! I love it, thank you Weponz and the NVCNR people! I remember this one server was the best cops and robber server i ever played! thank you for releasing it! LOVE YOU SO MUCH NOW!
IKR!

I CANT BELIEVE WEPONZ RELEASING THIS!@@

this game mode is nice as hell + rep

Nice GM bro I'm running it on 3D for a few days to see how it goes. IF i find any bugs i'll post them here.

how to make a server a buy it

Nice, I'll try this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HiC]TheKiller
Посмотреть сообщение
1. Sure there are a lot of variables but it has the exact same result as using an enum. All the variables are optimised and I really don't see why this would be an issue.

2. MySQL isn't needed in a server that does not plan to use website integration. MySQL is quite overkill for a small servers anyway. SQLite would be pretty cool in this sort of gamemode but it's not really any slower or less efficient with files.

3. The checkpoints could have used incognitos but I don't really think that it matters too much. This is probably one of the only floors in the code and it could have been improved if he simply just changed a couple of functions. You don't really need an object streamer when you are not going to use the MAX object limit so that doesn't really matter.

I wouldn't have released this for him if I didn't think it looked good. The code could have been made shorter but there are not too many points that could have been improved to make the gamemode more efficient. Anyone can critique each others code but I wouldn't put it as far as saying it's shoddy.
Just quite alot could have been done to tidy this gamemode up.

Going back onto the variables, rather than having 500 variables, it just looks alot more tidier with enums and start to have dynamic stores, houses etc rather than having to have lots of variables for robberies etc when it can be done in one variable when it's dynamic..

As for MySQL, MySQL isn't overkill at all. I use it for my gamemode due to the flexibility and capability of it. Yes, my server isn't a 30+ player server but at least it is capable of handling that many players in the future.

I didn't say it wasn't a good free release but if it was sold I wouldn't be too happy with this. Infact, I'm not calling the release shoddy, just his way of work. Especially how it could of been tidied up alot.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Just quite alot could have been done to tidy this gamemode up.

Going back onto the variables, rather than having 500 variables, it just looks alot more tidier with enums and start to have dynamic stores, houses etc rather than having to have lots of variables for robberies etc when it can be done in one variable when it's dynamic..

As for MySQL, MySQL isn't overkill at all. I use it for my gamemode due to the flexibility and capability of it. Yes, my server isn't a 30+ player server but at least it is capable of handling that many players in the future.

I didn't say it wasn't a good free release but if it was sold I wouldn't be too happy with this. Infact, I'm not calling the release shoddy, just his way of work. Especially how it could of been tidied up alot.
"Going back onto the variables, rather than having 500 variables, it just looks alot more tidier with enums and start to have dynamic stores, houses etc rather than having to have lots of variables for robberies etc when it can be done in one variable when it's dynamic.."
- It CAN be done, but it doesn't HAVE to be done, some people can work with a lot of variables, obviously you're not that kind of person.

"As for MySQL, MySQL isn't overkill at all. I use it for my gamemode due to the flexibility and capability of it. Yes, my server isn't a 30+ player server but at least it is capable of handling that many players in the future."
- I wouldn't suggest bracing your server to handle many players in the future if it doesn't even reach 30 players now, because it most likely never will.

"I didn't say it wasn't a good free release but if it was sold I wouldn't be too happy with this. Infact, I'm not calling the release shoddy, just his way of work. Especially how it could of been tidied up alot."
- Everyone's method of coding is different, nobody HAS to follow YOUR coding style. You're nothing special to this community, so should we all start copying KyleSmith's coding because he's such a great scripter? Go make a thread about it... you've already been owned by [HiC]TheKiller... you could probably never make something as good as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzoAMG
Посмотреть сообщение
"Going back onto the variables, rather than having 500 variables, it just looks alot more tidier with enums and start to have dynamic stores, houses etc rather than having to have lots of variables for robberies etc when it can be done in one variable when it's dynamic.."
- It CAN be done, but it doesn't HAVE to be done, some people can work with a lot of variables, obviously you're not that kind of person.

"As for MySQL, MySQL isn't overkill at all. I use it for my gamemode due to the flexibility and capability of it. Yes, my server isn't a 30+ player server but at least it is capable of handling that many players in the future."
- I wouldn't suggest bracing your server to handle many players in the future if it doesn't even reach 30 players now, because it most likely never will.

"I didn't say it wasn't a good free release but if it was sold I wouldn't be too happy with this. Infact, I'm not calling the release shoddy, just his way of work. Especially how it could of been tidied up alot."
- Everyone's method of coding is different, nobody HAS to follow YOUR coding style. You're nothing special to this community, so should we all start copying KyleSmith's coding because he's such a great scripter? Go make a thread about it... you've already been owned by [HiC]TheKiller... you could probably never make something as good as this.
who are you newkid?