How Does The Function "SendClientMessage" Really Work?

Hey guy can someone please tell me how does the function "SendClientMessage" work? Like how does it send a message to the player's screen? I hope I posted in the correct section, thanks.

Only a dev would know. I'm guessing some DirectX hooking.

Maybe. I don't think only a Developer would know, there are alot of peoples like the SA-MP Developers that might know how it works, so I'm waiting for a reply that say how

with DirectX library,you can find examples about dx hooking in some old single player 'cheats'(skeleton GTA SA TOOL as example)
Also,mta SourceCode can help you to understand how it works.
I'm sure Kalcor will not respond to your request,he's too busy,as everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
* Actually, it's sent via a custom UDP protocol, but it is similar to TCP in that is ensures delivery.
I'm intrigued... UDP but it utilizes the checksum field right (correct me if I'm wrong, I know it can be done but UDP wasn't made to ensure delivery and integrity of data--but I know of an optional way to do it)? I've heard of this but it didn't seem like a very efficient thing to do, although I understand that it would be an inconvenience when the server sends a message and the client never sees it (or a part of it). Why not just use TCP if the packets are checked anyways, is it really that much slower?

Awesome! Thanks ******

This is what the function does:

SendClientMessage tells the internal SA-MP code to draw a new line of text with DirectX Hooking, then it moves all of the existing text up one line, so it looks like a new line was added. When this happens, the line closest to the top gets deleted and inserted into the box history.

Pretty sure that's how its done. I have some experience with DirectX.

Thanks for sharing!