Need best processor for my PC

Hello guys.

I need your help to see which one is the best processor for my motherboard.
These are information about my computer extracted by ASTRA32 software.

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6300 2800 MHz
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD G31TM-P21 (MS-7529)

My processor is a bit old and I having problems with playing GTA IV after 1 hour. My Video Card and Video Memory are good (nVidia G-Force 9500 GT 1GB RAM) and I have 3 GB RAM. I'm planning to buy more RAM but first processor.

Core 2 Quad

http://ark.intel.com/products/33924/...z-1333-MHz-FSB
I actually suggest upgrading motherboard, socket 775 is kinda old. Seek for lga2011.

WHat's price of those (~ aprox.)

You dont need LGA 2011 its for very extreme computers and for high overclocking. LGA 1155 will be good for you. If you dont want to upgrade your CPU socket, buy Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, its good CPU with 4Cores.

I really fell in love with Yorkfield Q9650 Intel Processor but it's just too expensive in Serbia.

Now I'm thinking about AM3 Motherboard Gigabyte MB - SOCKET AM3 - GA-M68MT-D3P (This one)
and processor AMD Phenom™ II X4 Processor 965* 3.4 GHz 2MB 6MB socket AM3 125W 45nm SOI which is 3 times cheaper than upper one.

Can those 2 go together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MG]Dimi
Посмотреть сообщение
I really fell in love with Yorkfield Q9650 Intel Processor but it's just too expensive in Serbia.

Now I'm thinking about AM3 Motherboard Gigabyte MB - SOCKET AM3 - GA-M68MT-D3P (This one)
and processor AMD Phenom™ II X4 Processor 965* 3.4 GHz 2MB 6MB socket AM3 125W 45nm SOI which is 3 times cheaper than upper one.

Can those 2 go together?
Yes, they should be compatible. They're both AM3 Sockets.

Intel processors are generally of better quality.

A GeForce 9500GT is also a pretty old and slow card. Mind you that I had a GeForce 9600GT in my previous PC which barely ran GTA IV. Also upgrading RAM won't help unless you plan on installing a 64 bit OS as well. I'm assuming that you have a 32 bit OS currently installed because of the weird configuration of the RAM. RAM is usually installed in powers of two.

Yes I have 32 bit-OS and I can tell you I can run GTA IV pretty good, just it can't load objects after 1 hour. Other people told me my Video Card processor and Memory are good for games but processor is slow. I will see but I doubt I will buy Video Card. xD
Also I have to find new motherboard because I don't know does this one support DDR2 Slots for RAM. xD

If you are going to upgrade your CPU into i3/i5/i7 they're running on LGA1155 or LGA1156 depends on its model. Also you must buy new RAM sticks cause those CPUs supports DDr3 memory, and of course the motherboard.