Internet Problem

Well, hello there SAMP Forum Community. I come here today to seek help from the fellow members. I've been receiving some difficulty from my internet the past couple of days. Every time I try to log into the server, I connect, five minutes later, i get disconnected, and so on. It starts to annoy me as I am not able to do anything within that disconnection.

I use Charter Communications for my internet. That's my speed. And it started to happen right when I upgraded my modem a week ago. So, we can say that it has something to do with the new modem. Please don't troll on this topic as I'm not in the mood to see or hear any other stupid comments.

Extra Link: http://redcountyrp.com/forum/viewtop...?f=292&t=72821

Just in case you want to see what server and etc.

1. Disconnect your router (Remove all the cables)
2. Connect your computer directly to the modem with an UTP cable. (That's a regular internet cable, if you don't know)
3. Press *Windows flag* + R on the computer that you directly connected to the modem
4. Type 'cmd' and press 'ok'
5. Type 'ipconfig' and hit enter.
6. Find the rule where it says 'Default gateway: xxx.xxx.x.x'
7. Write down the code next to it (Example: 192.168.0.1)
8. Open your browser
9. Navigate to: 'xxx.xxx.x.x' (Example: 192.168.0.1)
10. It is possible that it asks you for a username and password. Try 'admin' - 'admin'. If that does not work, ****** your modem's name and serial number and you will find the standard password.
11. Look for any setting that can block your game. If you're not sure what something does, ****** it.

You can do the same thing with your router. You can acces it via your browser the same way as your modem. Just make sure that if you do this, you are connected to your router (wireless or with an UTP cable) and not your modem. It is possible that this has a setting that will block it.

Also, have you tried playing SA-MP at onther computer in your network? If you are able to do that, it is not your modem or your router. The problem is with the computer you talk about in your topic. Check for example your firewall and anti-virus settings.

Good luck