Hurricane Sandy

Best of luck rebuilding to those who have already faced this monster of a storm, and good luck to those who are about to face it. (Upstate New York where I am will be hit around 9:00 PM EST - for reference)

Please post where in the US you are located when replying to this topic.

EDIT: Watch the hurricane online live, could not find any better sites - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20121635

Best of luck to everyone out there, and don't die!

I live in South Central Pennsylvania, and it's raining like a bitch right now. They estimate 6-8 inches (15.24-20.32 cm) of rain over the next 2 days :/

May everyone be alive.
A question, why always girly names? If this is a strong and big hurricane, they should call it Chuck Norris... Or something..

One of my friends is on holidays in that area! I wish him the best of luck!

In my country, there is a huge depression and has created a major cyclone. But that isn't as bad as Hurricane Sandy. My prayers go out to all the families who have lost there loved ones and homes to this monster of nature.

I'm coastal Maine, we're supposed to get some...interesting weather from this. I've made preps to be out of electricity for a week or so. After that we're cutting down trees for wood (heat) and hand-pumping water out of the well.

I feel so lucky to live in a country where it's geographically (almost) impossible to get a hurricane. I wish the best to the families that have been or will be affected.

I hope everything turns out well for the victims of this beast of the nature. I do know a girl who will be affected by this and she lives in Connecticut, she said it was scary when it happend last year but this time it will be twice as bad. I really hope this hurricane won't do any big damage towards the people or the property of the people.

I'm in upstate NY, can't wait. We are supposed to get up to 20ft of waves here and up to 75mph of high winds. Fksd