Starting a server on a VPS

Hi guys I had some problems when running the last server of SA:MP
This is my first time that i tried to start a server on a linux server, so excuse me for my noobiness LOL
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.

When i tried to start server I got this message

Quote:

-bash: ./samp03server: No such file or directory

Thanks to all

Alright first you want to make sure your in the right directory where the script to start the server is located, do the command ls and then if you see samp03server then do cd samp03server sorry to sound redundant, then you do ls again and if there is a script in there that says something like startserver.sh then do chmod +x serverstart.sh to give it executable permissions and then do ./serverstart.sh to start it up and you should be good to go.

Thank you for your help but I get the same error

Follow this guide : https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Linux_Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark™
Посмотреть сообщение
I followed this guide before to post there

You need to make it executable.

chmod +x samp03server

The post above me is correct + You need some form of modification software to convert it into an .exe; perhaps research the answer through other sources of the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso97
form of modification software to convert it into an .exe
Are you sure ? Linux can't handle .exe (executable) files ?

OT: Just download and install WinSCP it is useful for your case.

OFF: I am sure that you are using www.host1free.com

Alright here I'll do a full walk through for you and I'll even do it on my Linux box I got here to make sure I've got this to the T.

Alright first you want to go to your home directory cd ~ and then do wget http://files.sa-mp.com/samp03esvr_R2.tar.gz so now we have the server files

next you should do tar -zxvf samp03esvr_R2.tar.gz which will then give you a file called "samp03" if you check the command ls. Now we will cd samp03 and do chmod +x samp03svr so it has executable permissions. Now if you need to do nano server.cfg and edit what you need.

now you should be able to do ./samp03svr however if you get an error try doing the command apt-get install lib32stdc++6 and then try again. Your server should run perfectly from here.

Remember sirs NEVER EVER RUN A SERVER FROM ROOT