Why roleplay?

Hello, I have a question to youall.

Why is everyone hosting roleplay servers the last weeks, take a look at server advertisment, there are only roleplays lol, and the sad things is, half of those roleplays are download and started with only a little editing...
Roleplay requires a high-level pawno knowledge I always thought.

Also when I took a look at the client's server list, I only get like 5 ENG roleplay servers that have a high playerbase, and everyday new roleplay servers get released at the advertisement forum, but I never see one of those coming to that 5 roleplay servers, so is it just me, or why are people still released downloaded non-edited roleplay servers?

[EDIT] I was thinking, sa-mp should make something so they only will display accepted servers in the public list, so servers have to apply somewhere, and an administrator of sa-mp takes a look at his server, if it is a well scripted, his IP will be set to public, but yea I understand why they won't do this, it takes alot time to visit all those servers and people will abuse it somehow. besides sa-mp doesn't really care what kind of servers there are being hosted I guess, and I understand that. Anyway I was just thinking...

Yes I agree!, it's sad.. I hope it will show
up more other servers with another game mode, like dm etc..

Not trying to be rude, but this has been suggested about 100 times before. And I don't think they'll change their minds on the 101th time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
Посмотреть сообщение
Not trying to be rude, but this has been suggested about 100 times before. And I don't think they'll change their minds on the 101th time.
Never saw it, anyway good to let me know this.

Because many role-play servers fail in capturing community's attention; developers must understand that they must branch out further in certain areas, whether that's advertising, scripting or attempting to maintain a stable player base. Furthermore role-play servers are more common, because they allow the community players to get to know each other more, instead of simply, shooting and killing, or driving around aimlessly, you get to interact with other players and the environment, also with the role-play, comes a greater availability of ideas; it's all down to creativity and a bit of initiative - You can create a whole new, never seen before world - Now I'm not saying that's not possible on other game-modes, sure the mapping and scripting will work;; but after everything is done, what other suggestions can be evoked? More guns? More mapping? To be honest it's all down to opinion, and I'm quite sure, someone else will differ in opinion.

tl:dr: but people fail so much in real life, so they need to rp

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
tl:dr: but people fail so much in real life, so they need to rp
Haha you can see it like that, but I also think that people fail if they play GTA san andreas to Shoot or Race or Stunt.
There are dozens of other games that also allow you to do this, with much higher graphics and less bugs.
I mean, seriously how can you have play gta at this time for deathmatching or racing...
Cars drive like shit, people are lagging like shit which makes deathmatching unpossible...
Anyway everyone's opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel
Посмотреть сообщение
Haha you can see it like that, but I also think that people fail if they play GTA san andreas to Shoot or Race or Stunt.
There are dozens of other games that also allow you to do this, with much higher graphics and less bugs.
I mean, seriously how can you have play gta at this time for deathmatching or racing...
Cars drive like shit, people are lagging like shit which makes deathmatching unpossible...
GTA driving style is not bad, just unique!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
GTA driving style is not bad, just unique!
Yea it is unique, but it's not like you can say 'look what i can, I can drift masterful with a elegy' nothing special on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't seem to like sa-mp or GTA Sanandreas..

Sorry if I'm wrong or missunderstod.

Edit: Not that much lag, choose a better server then...