GameServer and VPS

What is the difference between VPS and Game Server?
Don't they do the same thing?

VPS is the virtual machine on which a game server is hosted. VPS and a game-server has got no relation what so ever. VPS can used for many other purposes, hosting a game-server on it is just one of the many purposes it serves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark™
Посмотреть сообщение
VPS is the virtual machine on which a game server is hosted. VPS and a game-server has got no relation what so ever. VPS can used for many other purposes, hosting a game-server on it is just one of the many purposes it serves.
Is vps better? is it monthly payment too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPRINCE
Посмотреть сообщение
Is vps better? is it monthly payment too?
Ofcourse it is. You get your own virtual machine and you have complete access to it. You can host multiple things simultaneously on it. Payment system depends completely on the service provider, however monthly payments are there. You don't get a VPS for free, unless someone is sponsoring for something in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark™
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not a representative of RXServers, it would be wise to contact them instead.
Another thing, can I host my server with VPS

Yes, you can, its a virtual machine designed for hosting.

I wouldnt bought an VPS, an tip is to either buy an gameserver or an Dedicated server.

It all depends on the product you want, and how much you know.

For the Beginner, its always recommend to start with a Game Server plan. Which will only host your SAMP server.

The VPS is however much more hard for some users to use, It can host your SAMP server and other types of applications. Such as Teamspeak or any other type of Game server or a website too.

In the end, its all up to you on what you want to get. But its more recommended for the Game server if you dont know what your doing with a Linux or Windows VPS.

indeed games servers are always the best for beginners cuase you cant mess them up

pfft. Who needs a VPS a dedicated host is for the real big boys