Looping

Hello guys fast question

I want to loop through a certain .ini file i am using y_ini and find a specific number that i specify.

Any ideas.

I already sent a PM to Y_Less but he didn't answer i guess he is busy because he always answers me however.

Thanks in advance guys, if you help me :P

there in no function in y_ini that allows you to search into a file for a specific number (afaik)

Any other ways ?

I guess you can loop through every file and check if the value or key (don't know what your 'number' is) matches your given number.

But if you found the number, what do you wanna do? Do you wanna return TRUE/FALSE or something? (Eg. just a check to see wether it exists or not), or do you wanna output it, or output a string or something that is related to that number?
Because if you want to return TRUE or FALSE, I guess you could loop the file character-by-character and check if it's that number or not.

I want to check if it exists or not if it does i am going to return error if it doesn't i am going to complete the proccess.

And what about the variation of these numbers? Is it from 0 to and with 9, or higher then 9? Because if it's 9 or lower, I may know how to figure this out. If it's above, I may figure it out too. But to do this, I'm gonna need the content of the file you want to check the content from, so I can create it and test it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarde
View Post
And what about the variation of these numbers? Is it from 0 to and with 9, or higher then 9? Because if it's 9 or lower, I may know how to figure this out. If it's above, I may figure it out too. But to do this, I'm gonna need the content of the file you want to check the content from, so I can create it and test it
Do you have Skype ?

Yes, but I don't give it away to anyone but reallife friends . You could try on MSN.
However, I'll have to go in a very short while again (going to systema [=sport/russian martial art]), which will take about 3 hours. Then I can go home again, going to a party. Upcoming weekend I'll be working (we're gonna repaint the stairs), and next week we're on holiday (without internet), so I may not be able to help you more for a while.

Kind regards,
Kwarde

I fixed it guys thanks everyone +rep to everyone