[FilterScript] [CB Radio] Citizens Band Radio System (Walkie Talkie)

CB Radio System

Version : 0.1

Introduction

Guys don't confuse this with the other radio systems this is a walkie talkie :P however i was bored so i decided to make this, i started scripting and i also wanted to make it save player's level, and a player can register a CB channel of his own, but i had problems with it so instead of waiting to fix it i am going to release it and more and more features are going to get implemented in the next few versions (i hope if i have time)
Commands
  • /joinchannel - To Join a channel (ranging : 1 - 1000)
  • /buycb - To buy a CB radio (you need to customize this to your own personal taste)
  • /setcb - To turn On and off your CB Radio
  • /cb - To talk through the Radio
  • /cbalert - To send an alert to other users in the channel (GameTextForPlayer)
Uses
  • Trucking servers
  • Roleplay servers
  • Group / gang chat
  • Family chat
  • Anything else you can think of :P
Bugs

None for now if you find any please report them here or a PM or a visitor message
Download

Footnotes
  • You need the YSI library to run this FS (it uses y_commands) (and y_ini soon)
  • Please Rep+ and comment if you like
  • Go away if you don't like
  • I will keep this alive and release updates frequently
  • If you don't know what a CB radio is check Wikipedia
  • Constructive Critisicm is allowed but don't overdo it :P

Great work!

NIce woRK!

Great work loves that band radio .

Thanks all ^

Nice one. Its very useful for RP servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Matt
View Post
Nice one. Its very useful for RP servers.
Thank you.

As an avid radio person (amatuer, CB, etc) I have to ask...does this command have a limited "range" (much like CB)? If you want to add realism, you may consider setting the range based on server time. CB and 10m radio is typically more active during the day due to atmospheric conditions. At night a few layers of the atmosphere merge and reduce the range of higher-frequency radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
View Post
As an avid radio person (amatuer, CB, etc) I have to ask...does this command have a limited "range" (much like CB)? If you want to add realism, you may consider setting the range based on server time. CB and 10m radio is typically more active during the day due to atmospheric conditions. At night a few layers of the atmosphere merge and reduce the range of higher-frequency radio.
So to make things clear you mean, if the time is night the range of channels will be lower, right ?

and on daytimes it will be more ?

Correct. Thats how it works in real-life on that radio band. Not telling you that you SHOULD change your script...just offering an opinion on realism thats all