Webcam recording software - need opinions and suggestions

Hi guys,

I need a program to record my webcam to make into a video. The video needs to be stored on my computer to be edited, so uploading directly to ******* and such is not an option.

I have ******d for some but as I've never used any of them I don't know what they are like so I figured I'd ask here for what people have used and like.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

what is your exact webcam?

i used to use http://www.cyberlink.com/products/yo...n_US.html?&r=1.

they have a demo/trial

You can record directly into windows movie maker afaik. I wonder what you are recording...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
Посмотреть сообщение
what is your exact webcam?

i used to use http://www.cyberlink.com/products/yo...n_US.html?&r=1.

they have a demo/trial
I get a lot of troubles with that software...It always asks meto register at them, even when I've already done so. It asks me to update to a higher version, without mentioning they update me to a paid one. Some settings randomly mess up. It somehow bugged my Windows Media Player 3 times already (making all plugins stop working, turning the webcam view into something alien). It has tons of buttons, but most of them just redirect to the paid version. It has the weird urge to create unnecessary folders in my documents, etc

Too bad it's the only cam software working on this pc...

www.hyperionics.com/hc/ ?

Cyberlink Youcam rocks honestly, it has tons of features, the only drawback - you gotta pay a shitload of money unless you get it pre-installed in your newly bought PC. However, if you need it only for a few days, get the trial version - get the work done before it expires.

I am currently trialling ArcSoft Webcam Companion which is a paid software with a 15-day free trial, it looks good so far but if it isn't what I want then I'll try the suggestions you guys have posted. Thank you for the help