Many servers have DDoS'd in the last 24 hours..

Hiya, i my servers host was DDoS'd last night, aswell as another 50 or so servers!

You can see just by looking on the SA-MP hosted list, theres about 200 servers, usually theres 250+

If you are with Volt Host or hostspree, i think you have been affected.

I know this is not necessarily any server can control, we do not have access to SSH or even any admin permissions on the VPS, so we get hit and cant even defend!

I know its merely impossible to block a DDoS, but i know for a fact there are ways to delay / refuse its connection after XX seconds.

Im not sure what the script is called, but i remember it will analyse every single incoming connection to its server/computer - if that same ip address sends more than 1000 packets of data in one minute, they are range banned... does anyone know the name of this program?

Thank you

Yep, my server has been down for about 24 hours now but I didn't know it was affecting other hosts. I hope it's stopped soon! Oh by the way, range banning them from your server won't stop it from being attacked.

Though my friend's server was went off too.
Also range ban are not enough effective against DDoS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost100
Посмотреть сообщение
Hiya, i my servers host was DDoS'd last night, aswell as another 50 or so servers!

You can see just by looking on the SA-MP hosted list, theres about 200 servers, usually theres 250+

If you are with Volt Host or hostspree, i think you have been affected.

I know this is not necessarily any server can control, we do not have access to SSH or even any admin permissions on the VPS, so we get hit and cant even defend!

I know its merely impossible to block a DDoS, but i know for a fact there are ways to delay / refuse its connection after XX seconds.

Im not sure what the script is called, but i remember it will analyse every single incoming connection to its server/computer - if that same ip address sends more than 1000 packets of data in one minute, they are range banned... does anyone know the name of this program?

Thank you
What node has been affected?

Well, that's the price you pay when you go with Volt Host. Can't help but laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, that's the price you pay when you go with Volt Host. Can't help but laugh.
Why are you slandering a service provider exactly?

Just because you were DDOS'd doesn't mean it's a recurring thing.

You know nothing about Volt Host at all, do you? I've had plenty of services from Volt Host and nothing I've owned has ever been DDOS'd.

You quite clearly have a bad reputation and people seem to dislike you.

Maybe because.. you slander people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnu
Посмотреть сообщение
Though my friend's server was went off too.
Also range ban are not enough effective against DDoS's
They aren't effective at all. It's easy to get a proxy to mask your I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Premier
Посмотреть сообщение
Why are you slandering a service provider exactly?

Just because you were DDOS'd doesn't mean it's a recurring thing.

You know nothing about Volt Host at all, do you? I've had plenty of services from Volt Host and nothing I've owned has ever been DDOS'd.

You quite clearly have a bad reputation and people seem to dislike you.

Maybe because.. you slander people?

They aren't effective at all. It's easy to get a proxy to mask your I.P.
Vince's right on this one.

If you know about Volt Host, you would know that they overload their servers. Sure, go ahead and go against me.

I owned several servers from them. 3 out of each 5 ended up too slow because of low resources, DDoS'd because of someone else on our node or due to some bullshit they can come up with.

They're the biggest company that SA-MP server owners use right now since sFFs closed. That's why the fuss.

I also posted this somewhere else before and some bullshit was replied.

If you get ddosed on a huge node, It doesn't particularly mean that YOU'RE the one causing the "incident".

He also has 10x your stats on this forum. That also states proof that he has more knowledge about this than you do.

@OT:

the script you're talking about might be IPTables / a custom Perl one.

For linux, CSF is a good interface for iptables. Makes things easier to work with.

With a big enough attack, it WILL affect all systems attached to the affected switch. If volt-host and the other people get their hosting from the same place, and they are on the same network segment...then both hosts will go down if one of them is hit hard enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathh
Посмотреть сообщение
Vince's right on this one.

If you know about Volt Host, you would know that they overload their servers. Sure, go ahead and go against me.

I owned several servers from them. 3 out of each 5 ended up too slow because of low resources, DDoS'd because of someone else on our node or due to some bullshit they can come up with.

They're the biggest company that SA-MP server owners use right now since sFFs closed. That's why the fuss.

I also posted this somewhere else before and some bullshit was replied.

If you get ddosed on a huge node, It doesn't particularly mean that YOU'RE the one causing the "incident".

He also has 10x your stats on this forum. That also states proof that he has more knowledge about this than you do.

@OT:

the script you're talking about might be IPTables / a custom Perl one.
Posts and popularity doesn't determine one's knowledge at all.

If you think that, you're pretty arrogant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Premier
Посмотреть сообщение
Posts and popularity doesn't determine one's knowledge at all.

If you think that, you're pretty arrogant.
Okay. But you do know I'm right about my full post, which is why you also just your reply was aimed towards the last sentence. lol