[Q]How to protect files/folders from being deleted?

Title says it all. How to protect my folders from being deleted because few days ago my brother has deleted my sa-mp package folder(gamemodes/filterscripts...etc) and all my work has gone! So I want to avoid the same thing happen again. Is there any way to protect my folders?

make them hidden

Lock him in the airing cupboard?
I'd recommend setting up windows accounts and passwording yours. Make sure you log out when you arent using your pc (any downloads or required connections such as IRC and Skype should still remain active). He will then be unable to log in without you helping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
View Post
I'd recommend setting up windows accounts and passwording yours. Make sure you log out when you arent using your pc (any downloads or required connections such as IRC and Skype should still remain active). He will then be unable to log in without you helping him.
Creating a new windows account just because of 1 folder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
View Post
Lock him in the airing cupboard?
D:

If you are content to only protect one thing and leave everything else on your computer at his mercy to delete, alter or replace. Then by all means find an alternative solution. You did say 'folders' though.

Amend some restrictions for his account.

Or you can try to set-up user and computer "local group policy." Example create other account and you can restrict user going to C drive for example. Group policy is usually used on Widnows Server Domains, but it's possible with a computer with pro edition from operating system.

if your brother delete your files
there's a recycle Bin
if You Dont see it
Kill Your Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
View Post
Make regular backups!
Thats what you should always do, tgeres a progra where it automatically backup your desired files every time you edit anything in the folder, forgot he name but do some searches on ****** for automatic daily backups or get a USB Memory Stick.

It is recommended to backup your data, example for USB stick, or external hard drive. Also you could talk with your brother, because scripting needs brains.