Biggest Crash 'N Burn Server Gone?

The Crash 'n Burn server since 2007 - website www.cnbderby.net - is the server gone from sa-mp forever?

Thats a shame, that server was pretty fun. Damn kids with cleo hacks that fling cars around and get players banned, happened to me a few weeks ago on there. Since then i see it has gotten worse.

Just another reason that there should be some kind of option for server owners to disable cleo mods.

the server is only paused.

"Well the decision has been made. CnB is going on hiatus. Sometime today/tonight ( -8 GMT ) the server will go down."

if you would have read the news, you would know this.

Yea, it was a pretty good and fun server I loved it.

It's a shame it's gone seemed to have a big playerbase. May be back though!

As one of the servers admins I feel I need to apologize to those that enjoyed the server. However unfortunately due to the ones who develop the game mode having real life commitments that take higher priority there just isnt time to fix the issues with the anticheat and such. For the time being, til those that develop it have more time to work on things the game server and website will be down.

If you go to the website now you will see this:
Quote:

Well the decision has been made. CnB has been closed down for now. This includes the server and this website.

As much as we would like to continue to operate, we are out of development resources and the current set-up of the community, what happens on a day-to-day basis in-game and on this website, has become unacceptable and not worth managing.

In other words, nobody is interested enough to keep it going. A massive, humongous thanks to John for his insane dedication and the amount of time he put into management. But, it's time for the one-man show to end.

Right now, we feel it's genuinely in the best interest of the players and staff to make it all go away for awhile. I can't tell you if CnB will come back or not. It all depends on what happens in the future.

Originally we'd said the website would remain up, but actually it won't for the same reason as the gamemode's closure. IRC will remain, as it's easy to keep around -- #cnb on irc.tl.

Nooo, it was so nice and somehow unique Although I kinda stopped playing after one update (I think when the funny death reasons were deleted), still were coming back from time to time to fail miserably at every possible map

It's a shame when work goes to waste, but nothing can be done about it I guess.

Quote:

And the current set-up of the community, what happens on a day-to-day basis in-game and on this website, has become unacceptable and not worth managing.

A big thank you to all the cheaters and kids who joined that server,thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John0877
Посмотреть сообщение
As one of the servers admins I feel I need to apologize to those that enjoyed the server. However unfortunately due to the ones who develop the game mode having real life commitments that take higher priority there just isnt time to fix the issues with the anticheat and such. For the time being, til those that develop it have more time to work on things the game server and website will be down.

If you go to the website now you will see this:
As a fellow one-man-show type I send my condolences. Always sucks to see a grass-roots type server fall due to idiots. I've never played on your server, but I hope that someday you'll be able to re-open it.

I hate hackers with a passion! Another good server gone!

But seriously, we need to patch these hacks...

It isn't gone !

Cnb is temporary down till a new version comes out. Besides the playerslots are gonna be much more, normally, to 32 slots. But now ... this is all caused by hackers who use cleo mods. I know cleo is a good possibilty to add gta sa mods, but there's much negative about it.

I know Kalcor wouldn't disable cleo for samp, servers just need a good anti-cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [jS]Thomas
Посмотреть сообщение
Wasn't that guy arrested for hacking? And there are only two derby servers still around that i know of, if you want the ip's pm me.
There are more than 2 derby/sumo servers ..

EDIT: oh wait it is gone ... for now. It will come back

Hello. I'm Tomo, one of the admins on CnB. We tried, over the summer, to get things into a working state, but we were less than successful. With people getting unbanned only to get banned again minutes later, we figured it would be best until we got some more free time that it wasn't worth keeping the server open. We've done similar things in the past but never quite to this extreme.

We've been working on this since late 2007, and until a couple of months ago had only a single code developer. I love working on the server (I wouldn't be lying if I said I once spent about two hours attempting to escape a single map just to prove a point), but free time over the last few months hasn't been a luxury for any of us. I'm in a bit more stable position at the moment, and am hoping to get back to work soon. I'm not promising anything, but we'll do our best.

My server too hacking 24/7 with cle , car bug hack , lag hack , commands not working , login button not comming , when spawn full white samp how to fix it

Sad to see it gone just like that , I enjoyed that server a lot. Hopefully it comes back soon.

I'm still hoping this server comes back up, come on guys..

Loved that server, used to play it all the time - hope to see it raise again.

its sad to see good servers go.

ive said this multiple times, but ill repeat it. have an option in the config to disable cleo mods

and...

oh ya. for you 5 year old kids, start reading and following the rules instead of breaking every single one.

hackers ultimately led to the demise of my server...

Hello!
i am Meelis13 and i was long term player in CnB, and from feb. 2012 a mod in that server.
I dont know how many of you know this, but im probably the most annoying and active person asking about if CnB is going to return or not and demanding copies of maps back XD
Seemingly Michael2572, creator of CnB has had enough of samp.
but still, i'd like to call up for all former CnB-ers to come on remains of CnB (part of community still exists- i dont know if this counts as advertising or not (tho i hope not), but i say as much as IRC is still active- who cant remember, ask your CnB friends ), lets gather up our positive memories about server, funny screenshots, good gameplay videos, chatlogs, basically anything that you liked about it.
at very least it gives us nice compilation of CnB memories, its best moments and credit to all who built the server, and frankly- its what makers of CnB deserve- i mean they gave us hours and hours of good gameplay and fun. so lets give them something good for return, shall we?

Used to play that before going into RP.