Hosted Tab in depth

Hey guys. I would just like to understand the Hosted Tab listing better.
I've noticed in specific times of the day we are gaining allot more players, I'm assuming thats because we temporarily get boosted to the top of the hosted tab listing until the next server takes our spot and pushes and further down until we are back where we used to be. This is just a theory, I would like to know how it really works. What determines who is at the top of the hosted tab?

Nobody determines anything. There's no top spot. Whenever you click "Hosted Tab", a list of servers whose owners paid for the listing is generated from the master server and is displayed in your client, simple. The order of the servers generated in that list is completely random.

"Hosted tab" listings are good, because that list isn't so full than "Internet tab." There are only about ~200 servers in "Hosted tab", but of course it can grow up. I Have noticed that strong communities are running on "Hosted tab" and it helps you to get more players for your server. If you are wanted to get this add-on, please look from hosting companies that are hosting your server.

Well. I thought it was more than just a random pick. Either way, thanks guys! Also please read my message completely, I already mentioned I purchased the hosted tab but I just wanted a better understanding of it.

Lets not forget one of the most notorious English RP servers is banned from the hosted AND internet tab :l

How they can be banned from lists, blacklisted, or something? Can players even join from "Favorites tab"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dre
Посмотреть сообщение
Well. I thought it was more than just a random pick. Either way, thanks guys! Also please read my message completely, I already mentioned I purchased the hosted tab but I just wanted a better understanding of it.
Hosted Tab isnt as good as before, too many servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Probably just a number of people from one time zone joining together.
Thats it, the hosted list itself is just ordered the way the player wants it to (servername, mode, etc alphabetically).
A lot of player are from central and eastern europe. I guess its the back at home time from that areas.

To be honest, the hosted tab does help a server grow, but the moment you leave the hosted tab you will notice a huge drop of players in your server.

From my experience, no server gets a 'top spot', some just have catchy names, or very unique scripts.

I thinks its safe to assume that of the ~200 servers on the hosted tab, about 150 are copied / edits / failed servers.

In my opinion, something should be done to sort the hosted list out - there are TOO many servers, look at it right now - i guarantee ~100 have 0 players online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxurioN
Посмотреть сообщение
Lets not forget one of the most notorious English RP servers is banned from the hosted AND internet tab :l
And how is that relevant to this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossUSAAF
Посмотреть сообщение
How they can be banned from lists, blacklisted, or something? Can players even join from "Favorites tab"?
If you click on internet list/hosted tab, you'll load "the masterlist", which is a list stored on sa-mp.com (somewhere ). Those are the servers which show up in your tab. SA-MP can blacklist servers as in, removing them from the masterlist. That way they won't appear on internet or hosted tab.

Favourites is a direct connection to the server. Even blacklisted servers will show up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost100
Посмотреть сообщение
In my opinion, something should be done to sort the hosted list out - there are TOO many servers, look at it right now - i guarantee ~100 have 0 players online!
There used to be a "official" tab, where servers had to apply to get on that one (IIRC). But that got a lot of criticism, as a lot of people claimed it was nepotism.