Bots are not properly disconnected.

I have about 200 bots and when I use gmx (or GameModeExit() when the server restarts the bots will hang for second then spam connect and get kicked for a server full attack even though I am staggering the connection by a second. The only solution I have found is to gmx again after the bots are fully disconnected. I did not have this problem with one bot.

200 bots?What the fuck?

Also Kick(); is not working on NPC's it used to, so now I have no way to script a workaround for this problem and only doing a double gmx can solve it.

[Edit] I also never had this problem with 0.3a-0.3c

What you can do with 200 bots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logitech90
Посмотреть сообщение
What you can do with 200 bots?
Fill a city with people? I thought that was quite obvious.

What I suggest is not using 'gmx', but instead fully closing the server and restarting it after a few seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basssiiie
Посмотреть сообщение
Fill a city with people? I thought that was quite obvious.

What I suggest is not using 'gmx', but instead fully closing the server and restarting it after a few seconds.
This. gmx just is not a good option if you have a complex mode w. a bunch of FS and whatnot.

I have a round based game, I use GameModeExit(); to clear everything at the end of the round. This worked fine in previous versions with bots (including large numbers). This is only happening with 0.3e R2 (I have not tried it with 0.3e).

[Edit] Just tried it with 0.3e and its the same. However I also double checked with 0.3c and it worked just fine.

Cyber has a good use for his 200 bots. <3

I can't wait to see v0.9 Cyber. I hope this error gets fixed.

Fred.

O.k never mind I have a work around seems my IDE was bugged and saving compiled files with the wrong name. I can use Kick(); as a way to force the bots to disconnect before GameModeExit(); however this is still a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_punk
Посмотреть сообщение
O.k never mind I have a work around seems my IDE was bugged and saving compiled files with the wrong name. I can use Kick(); as a way to force the bots to disconnect before GameModeExit(); however this is still a problem.
Why don't you create a timer before GMX that checks for your NPCs / bots and kicks them all? (use the MAX_ function, quicker rather than 200 lines of Copypasta.)