[Tutorial] Creating a basic user system with MySQL

Tutorial no longer being updated.

Awesome guide!

Pretty nice, but people should use BlueG's MySQL Plugin (special R7 with cache functions which are more faster).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
View Post
Pretty nice, but people should use BlueG's MySQL Plugin (special R7 with cache functions which are more faster).
Yeh, I am aware that BlueG's plugin is a more popular choice, but when I started to learn MySQL, I found it easier if I can just 'mysql_query()' without a callback.

Easier, yes. Slower, yes. Some people like to save everyone's account at the same time which would cause a tremendous amount of lag. Pitty, could have been a wonderful tutorial if not for the unthreaded queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Easier, yes. Slower, yes. Some people like to save everyone's account at the same time which would cause a tremendous amount of lag. Pitty, could have been a wonderful tutorial if not for the unthreaded queries.
Well hopefully it isn't too much effort to get a hang on BlueG's plugin, as now with that being said about the lag issues I may switch, and when I do, I shall update this tutorial. Thanks for bringing that up.

I heard BlueG's MySQL R7 plugin causes a lot of random crashes and has memory leaks, or has this been fixed since I last checked?

Even though it does not have the cache functions it might be more appropriate for him to use BlueG's R6 plugin that does not have these issues?

Anyway let me know because if there is a fix for the R7 issues I will start using it again.

Stricken's plugin is outdated.
Anyway good job.

Nice, well explained.
BlueG's plugin would be more better though.

Thank you this helped me alot.
You helped me make my own gamemode.
I wont rep you because i have less than 50 posts(I will when i reach 50 :P)
Good job,keep going.