[FilterScript] Simple License Plate System

Simple License Plate System
By: Nmader

I, Nmader, have scripted a rather simple and efficient license plate system. This script is not complicated to implement into your gamemode whatsoever as it consists of very few lines.
Features
  • Four letters followed by the vehicle ID. (IE: AVIF 432) NOTE: Letters change on vehicle respawn, numbers remain the same.
  • Random four letters to the plate per vehicle respawn
  • Wide variety of four letters that cover the alphabet completely
  • Easily editable four-letter possibilities
  • Option to make all numbers not the vehicle id and three digits
Screenshots
http://filesmelt.com/dl/sa-mp-0467.png
http://filesmelt.com/dl/sa-mp-0478.png
http://filesmelt.com/dl/sa-mp-0488.png

Want to edit the vehicle id numbers to assure three digits?
This is rather simple as well to do. All you will need to do is as follows:
  1. Uncomment the Three+ Digit Number System
  2. Comment the Traditional Number Plate System
Known Bugs
Код:
None at this time - Send me any you do find and I will make improvements!
Future Versions?
If this FilterScript does generate a decent interest and/or some suggestions are provided via comment or PM there will be as many updates as it takes to make the community satisfied!

Download

Instructions
If you have used the Pastebin file use these instructions:
  1. Copy the text
  2. Paste in your compiler (Any should work)
  3. Press Compile as "SimpleLicensePlate"
  4. Add the line "SimpleLicensePlate" to your filterscript line in your server.cfg
If you have used the Solidfiles file use there instructions:
  1. Open the .pawn file with your compiler
  2. Add the line "SimpleLicensePlate" to your filterscript line in your server.cfg
Have fun!
~Nmader

Pictures ? Will would leads me to download.

You can really just look at the script and see what it is going to do.

Also a bug fix has been added and links have been updated.

Good Job

Good job, although there are other license plates system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Robardo
Посмотреть сообщение
Good job, although there are other license plates system
I have tested at least one of them to find out they do not work as properly as many people wish.

Nice effort but it does have some issues. Goob Job!

Nice

It's not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene.
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice effort but it does have some issues. Goob Job!
Well, I would love to be aware of those issues so I could improve the script!

This is not good at all. You could place 4 random letters from the vocab and three random numbers, it will lead you to a neverending possibilites of plates!

Not bad.

I Downloaded The Solid Files And It Shows Me Error I Still Did Not Edit Something
Error:
Код:
C:\Users\GMZeus\Desktop\Cops Robbers Project\filterscripts\SimpleLicensePlate.pwn(21) : error 025: function heading differs from prototype
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664	 	 	Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
And This Is In The Line #21
Код:
public OnFilterScriptInit(vehicleid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pds2012
Посмотреть сообщение
I Downloaded The Solid Files And It Shows Me Error I Still Did Not Edit Something
Error:
Код:
C:\Users\GMZeus\Desktop\Cops Robbers Project\filterscripts\SimpleLicensePlate.pwn(21) : error 025: function heading differs from prototype
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664	 	 	Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
And This Is In The Line #21
Код:
public OnFilterScriptInit(vehicleid)
Remove (vehicleid) from in the callback, don't know why it downloaded with that on there.

To whomever said it wasn't good at all, you do not get the point of this. The point is that whenever the vehicle is spawned, part of the attributes of the plate remain the same, in this case; the vehicle ID in every situation. This can be used in roleplay scripts so cops can properly identify a vehicle.

Nice bro.

Thanks for all your comments. I have decided to begin on a V2, basically fixing a single bug as well as making it to where there are for letters, all randomly selected out of the 26 letter alphabet and a simple formula for the number; Vehicle ID + 126. Also a saving system for these plates will be added into these. Hopefully this should be completed within two days.

Wow amazing :P

Updated to Version 2.0 including of multiple bug fixes that I had not noticed and were not found, especially those within comments by default.

Also removed the four-letter possibilities and made individual letters that will now select a random 4 letters throughout the 26-letter alphabet.

If any bugs are found please report them directly to me through PMs or a comment on this thread.