How did you hear about/Find SA-MP

I'd be very interested to hear how you all discovered our favourite addiction: SA-MP.

Was it through a friend? An online review/article? Did you always want some kind of online GTA experience and discover it through a websearch? Was it via another gaming forum? Or some other way?

Myself, I always yearned for an online experience back when GTA3 first hit the PC. One day I searched on altavista, (the ****** of it's day), and found one. I was so excited I could barely click the download link. Five minutes in and I was hooked - even though it was EXTREMELY buggy and unstable, had virtually no weapon sync and you couldn't travel to the other islands without turning invisible - but I was driving a Mafia Sentinal and OTHER PEOPLE were driving on the same roads with me!
Around 10 years, several versions and a mod move later, here I am.

What is your story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd be very interested to hear how you all discovered our favourite addiction: SA-MP.

Was it through a friend? An online review/article? Did you always want some kind of online GTA experience and discover it through a websearch? Was it via another gaming forum? Or some other way?

Myself, I always yearned for an online experience back when GTA3 first hit the PC. One day I searched on altavista, (the ****** of it's day), and found one. I was so excited I could barely click the download link. Five minutes in and I was hooked - even though it was EXTREMELY buggy and unstable, had virtually no weapon sync and you couldn't travel to the other islands without turning invisible - but I was driving a Mafia Sentinal and OTHER PEOPLE were driving on the same roads with me!
Around 10 years, several versions and a mod move later, here I am.

What is your story?
I wanted to play GTASA on PC for a while, I was searching ****** and basically, San Andreas Multiplayer popped up and I bought GTASA, played it then started SA-MP and now here I am xD

I always used to be quite curious about the things happening with GTA, but I never wasn't enough smart to shake the internet a little bit more to find the thing what I always used to want. After successfully completing GTA SAN ANDREAS my brother gained a little information regarding the SA-MP, we took a look inside in it a little bit more closer and yeah, then I downloaded SA-MP, first server where I joined was some cops and robbers, if I'm not wrong, though.

I remember playing GTA SA using multiplayer features in my old PS2 with my brother, but when my disk got damaged I tried to find a way to play it in my PC (with my brother too, in the same PC, just somehow!). After searching multiple keys like "san andreas multiplayer" I stumbled across SA:MP in 2008. Since then I play it almost daily.

I saw SA-MP in a internet-cafe and i start to play,and it's like a drug like now .Hell^^

I bought the single player game of san andreas in late 2010. Played for a couple of month before i decided to search for a multiplayer version on *******. And i found samp. So i started to play daily in marsh 2011.

I first played GTA SA itself on PS2 in 2008 and i really got addicted to it, after 2 years in 2010 to be specific i liked to learn modding so i browsed the tutorials section in www.gtaforums.com though i couldn't figure a fuck out, however after a while i discovered SA:MP it was in version 0.3c so i downloaded it and somehow i managed to play in LVP (Las Venturas Playground (Though it was cool old days not now)) however after that i got banned due to money hack (i know right! :P) after begging the admins to unban me (which wasn't helpful in the first place)

I decided to DDoS the server (Without even knowing what DDoS Means), i looked at some tutorials on DDoS at ******* and eventually i hacked the server down (no that is just a joke my PC broke actually) still after that i wanted to open my own server (RP offcourse) tried every GM i can think of download it beg for free host from people (it really worked i got 3 hosts lol) let's continue and i made my own server (maximum 3 player's online (:O)) i didn't know what PAWN or PAWNO meant so i decided to riddle around some stuff in the GM Script.

When i first got a glimpse of the GM's code (it was an edited GF) i closed PAWNO and after 1 day i opened it again and tried to do some stuff and i learned that most of PAWN is in PLAIN ENGLISH so i firstly learned SendClientMessage......................

This will take years :P

And here you go a professional n00b's life story!!!!

Cheers guys yeeey

Saw ******* videos of people jumping from big ramps onto the Abandoned Airport Runway in all kinds of cars in GTA San Andreas (and there were pickups in the hangar that changed your vehicle model). Back then I didn't own any GTA:SA game, but I bought it back in 2008, ******d 'GTA San Andreas Multiplayer' and installed it immediately.

I saw a couple videos of SA-MP on ******* at first, like people driving cars off chilliad etc, at first it didn't look all that appealing but later a friend kinda talked me into it.

it started when i got VC i don't know how but i heard about VC multiplayer i played it for a while then when San Andreas came out i started playing that after a few days i thought about VC so i tried searching a SAMP into ****** and this site popped out :P

I went to *******, looked up GTA:SA, found SAMP, and here I am

I'd been following GTA on PS2 since number 3, I used to play the multiplayer PS2 missions with my brother on SA and then I think we ******d "GTA San Andreas multiplayer missions" or something to see if there were any more and the rest is history

This was in 2008.

I saw a *******video and I was a Fan of GTA:SA, thats why I am playing SAMP

my friend told me about samp a year or two ago, and now im here! I honestly with i hadnt found out about it for multiple reasons, one, its so addicting that i cant get any work done! two, some douche stole $400 bucks from my paypal byinstalling a keylogger while helping me install car mods XD via tv. other than those two, i love gta and samp! cant wait for gta v mp

I just was interested if GTASA had a multiplayer, so I found this mod.

I was bored and browsing some random websites, for some reason I got redirected to SA-MP website. That's it

Well, just heared from my friend that we can play San-Andreas multiplayer.. but they didn't properly explained how.. so started searching for sa-mp on ****** ... found samp.com .. and just from there i started playing ..^^after playing 2 years.. i made many friends on sa-mp and from them some just always talking about scripting and all .. and it made me eager to learn scripting. .and finally now i learned it ;p

I came from MTA, actually. Though long before they released their deathmatch version. I was so bored of not being able to exit the car that I went and searched for another multiplayer mod that did allow you to exit the car.

Found sa-mp through cnet.com in June 10'.

A friend linked me to the sa-mp site.
At first I was just playing in random servers, but a few months later I started learning Pawn and opened Extreme Stunting, which has a long story...