[Tutorial] Launching a server from your home host

Introduction

Hello,and welcome to my new tutorial,in this tutorial I'm going to show you how to create your own server and going to show you how to manage it

What we need
First we need to download the server package Click here to directly download! and you need the plugins Click here to download them!

Configuring the server and launching it
Ok,now we have what we need,now we must configure server before launching it,Now we need to Unzip the server files to a folder in your desktop,I unzipped them to a folder i created named My server,anyway you can name the folder as you want,the important is the whole files,anyway now you'll see a file named server.cfg click right click and choose Open With and open it with Notepad,now you'll see a list of lines do not start editing here's the default server.cfg lines:
Code:
echo Executing Server Config...
lanmode 
rcon_password changeme
maxplayers 500
port 7777
hostname SA-MP 0.3 Server
gamemode0 grandlarc 1
filterscripts gl_actions gl_property gl_realtime gl_mapicon ls_elevator test_cmds ls_mall attachments
announce 0
query 1
weburl www.sa-mp.com
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 40
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 300.0
stream_rate 1000
maxnpc 10
logtimeformat [%H:%M:%S]
First thing we need to change is the rcon_password line change from the changeme to any other password you want to use

Example:
Code:
rcon_password logmein
Just change to whatever you need,Now lets change others and explain them,now there is a line under rcon_password named like this
Code:
maxplayers 500
These are your server max slots the max number you can use is 500 but you aren't making a server for 500 player aren't you?,Anyway let's go to the other line,it's named
Code:
port 7777
well this is the port you want to use to portforward your server just keep 7777 as it was,Now the line
Code:
hostname SA-MP 0.3 Server
This is the server name if you want to edit it here's an example for you...

Code:
hostname My samp server
and like this you changed the server name,the line gamemode0 is the gamemode you want to use those gamemodes are located in a folder named "gamemodes" you can download any other gamemode and use it just change from the grandlarc to the gamemode name you downloaded,now the filterscripts those are FS you want to use like if you want to use an admin system let's take LuxAdmin as an Example,Just add line ladmin but you need to download it and put in the filterscripts folder,now the announce line if you want your server to be showed for public change from 0 to 1 otherwise leave it 0,the other lines do not change them,now our server.cfg is now like this:
Code:
lanmode 0
rcon_password your-passowrd
maxplayers 500
port 7777
hostname My samp server
gamemode0 grandlarc 1
filterscripts 
announce 1
query 1
weburl www.sa-mp.com
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 40
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 300.0
stream_rate 1000
maxnpc 10
Ok now we need to add one line named plugins when you downloaded the .zip file on MediaFire you need to unzip them at the folder named plugins after you unzipped them add this code to your server.cfg
Code:
plugins sscanf streamer Whirlpool
Now our server.cfg is like this
Code:
lanmode 0
rcon_password your-passowrd
maxplayers 500
port 7777
hostname My samp server
gamemode0 grandlarc 1
filterscripts 
announce 1
query 1
plugins streamer sscanf Whirlpool
weburl www.sa-mp.com
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 40
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 300.0
stream_rate 1000
maxnpc 10
Now you will need to click on file and choose save

Launching the server
Now we done everything we need,let's start the server and play after you saved the settings on the server.cfg you will need to open a file called samp-server.exe open it and add this I.P to your favourites "127.0.0.1" If you want your friends to play with you you need an open port,Check out how to portforward Here!

If you have suggestions you want me to add or having questions ask here simply!
If you like this tutorial subscribe to this thread and REP me!

Useful for newb's who have JUST started SA:MP and do not know how to start a server..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HK]Ryder[AN]
View Post
Useful for newb's who have JUST started SA:MP and do not know how to start a server..
Thanks, the reason behind making this thread is that everyday newbies keep asking for help and how, so I got this idea in my mind, that's all.

Good Tutorial 4 Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkro
View Post
Good Tutorial 4 Newbies
Thanks, I didn't expect anyone to reply, but just like I said if your having problems post a reply.

Too easy and good for newbie's , And i think that portforword.com does'nt work ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by мυ∂υℓ_вacнα
View Post
Too easy and good for newbie's , And i think that portforword.com does'nt work ?
It works actually I was going to put a tutorial how to port forward from www.portforward.com but the problem and the big problem is I don't have the router password or username I tried admin and those but they didn't work and I won't reset my router , last time it costed me to call my ISP to come here and re-set the settings and all.

Anyway thanks for your feedback.

Would help newbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLhA XIV
View Post
Would help newbies.
Thanks

I'm making some other useful tutorials but I'm just thinking what to make anyway I'm making the basic tutorials for the newbies I'm not actually going to make a tutorial on Login or Register system,those are spammed in over 150 thread,I'm going to make how to start developing your gamemode and scripting for newbies that will be really good....

Think of something new.Like that would help people more.These are simple things that people can browse.That is a suggestion just.