[Tutorial] A Detailed Guide to SA:MP Map Editing

Er....I tried to find a place to put this but I can't find any :P. Many people don't know how to use it so here it goes
Please keep in mind I made this on the MTG forums Some things may not make sence :P

So I am guessing you have heard what SAMP Map Editor is already. If you don't know what it is you suck

What is SA:MP Map Editor
SA:MP Map Editor is a program that allows you to place objects that are in the games database anywhere! It can vary from making the Mall nicer or for rp events like closing down the mall and placing construction vehicles everywhere so that it feels like a construction site.

Here are some examples:
Here Tommy turned this property into a impound lot. This was some high quality work

You can also make custom interiors like Tommy did here:
http://mt-gaming.com/index.php?threa...nterior.27398/
To many pictures to post

Where can I get SA:MP Map Editor?
SA:MP Map Editor is available for download on the SA:MP forums and it was created by "JernejL". Here is a direct link to his thread on the SA:MP Forums for any program related help CLICK. Here is a direct link to download the editor CLICK
What do I do know?
First you need WINRAR to extract the files to your desktop. Then you cut the files and place it in your GTA SA folder. It won't work if it's out. You can have a shortcut on your desktop! Once you have placed the items click "Editor.exe". Then once you are in the Editor click "Load". Now SA:MP Map Editor will spawn you in a random place. If you know you're way to Los Santos simply right click and move the map around and use the directional keys to find your way around. If you don't copy and paste this "1305.87, -1254.35, 15.21, 0.00, 0.00, -90.00" in the box under camera view. Once that is done click "Point camera at these Coords." That coordinate will place you by Advis. Now once you have found a place start mapping! You can also delete stuff by clicking the object and hitting the "Delete" button

I have lag in SAMP Map Editor
On the bottom right tick "Correct alpha mode" You WILL experience lag while moving that is normal

How do I retreive my code
Click "Show Code" on the top and check you're code. Copy and paste it into pastebin.com if you want personal mapping. If the mapping is to extensive for you to complete in one day use "Export .pwn" in the "Show Code" dialog box and save your code somewhere you won't lose it. The next time you work in SA:MP map editor click "Import .pwn" on the top and choose your file.

Known Bugs
If you press the down button to long when you're searching for a object the Map Editor will not respond. The Editor is running but it doesn't respond. I advise you repeatedly save your project every time you do something major

I still don't get how to map
Mapping is really difficult if you don't know what to do. Here is a video I had trouble finding. It may be in a different language but it teaches you the basics of mapping. Mapping isn't for everyone and it requires creativity. If you are stumped try out MTA(Multi Theft Auto). Yes the editor may be garbage but it baby steps you into creating fun stuff. You also have to play around with the map editor to get used to it. Go through all the menu and place a object down and play with the nudging tools. That's the only way I learned

Some video guides:
Everything that I explained up there but in video form:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0knRiQUUsA[/ame]

How To Map A Custom Interior:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMiin3N_BS0&feature=plcp[/ame]

you made these videos ?

Yes I did

Why didn't you post this in the Tutorials section ?

Nice !
Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Lexi]
View Post
Why didn't you post this in the Tutorials section ?
because
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmejia
View Post
Er....I tried to find a place to put this but I can't find any :P.

Will take a look at this, hope it helps me to understand how to use it properly. Thanks

Very nice guide, helpful. +1.

Bump

Wasn't needed to bump this, but I faithfully suggest you to create probably another thread in the filterscript section( I bet it should be there, though )
Overall this seems to be pretty useful. I might even try this out as far as I don't know how to map, so this might help me out. Thanks for your guide!