"hidden" object ids added?

let's try this again, since it's a discussion..

I've noticed something different that was added - objects of every single skin id! Give it a try! Open up the SA:MP Map Editor, and create a random object, then change the object ID to 14. It's the black guy skin from GTA! And there's a ton more. I never noticed them before, has anyone else?

Yes, I have.

Those wiki links have nothing to do with what I'm talking about..

Y_Less:

He's talking about the object ids that look like the skin models.

They are not documented in the wiki but most "scripters and mappers" have already discovered them by now.

Y2K:

Y_Less is partially correct, the object ids to the vehicles and skins are the same as their model ids, just I forget what the weapon ids were BUT they're there.

Oh, I wasn't trying to 'shot you down' I said you were partially correct, you got the vehicle and skin ids correct, you had also posted the weapon ids which was incorrect.

Their in the txd file.

Edit:
You've edited your post.
I never said you were irrelevant, you posted the correct information but you didn't explain why you posted them so I explained why you posted them for you .

Edit2:
Objectids 321 - 372 are the weapon models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
The weapons have their models listed beside them. And you edited your post too.
Oh I'm very sorry, I've never notice that before.
Man I need glasses LOL

so, will this work ?
CreateObject(14,x,y,z,rx,ry,rz);

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuSs3n
View Post
so, will this work ?
CreateObject(14,x,y,z,rx,ry,rz);
Go ahead and try it, also try to use vehicles IDs too.

I don't think so, but that could have changed so test it anyway.

That's not possible for ped models/vehicle models due to the special data they hold, like vehicle health, ped bones, ped health, etc.

Nope using CreateObject does not work, tested. I'm curious though as to why you can add that object in the map editor but not in SAMP. Is this a scripted limitation or an engine limitation (like stewie said above)? It'd be neat if it'd be possible though.

I tried this and the collision is there but it's invisible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperViper
Посмотреть сообщение
I tried this and the collision is there but it's invisible.
That's.... odd. Hate when this kind of thing happens.

Assuming ped and vehicle models are stored in the gta3 archive like anything else - they probably have extra files that most objects do not share. I obviously couldn't know for sure but if I had to code the CreateObject native - I'd of coded it the easiest way - which is assuming that every object has the same data and no more. So if you attempted to load a ped model that has more data than an object model - CreateObject would have nothing to detect this and would blatantly load garbage and expect that garbage to be proper data for use.

At least the symptoms remind me to how my Game Engine sometimes handles things. I of course can only assume here, only people who know how CreateObject exactly works could say what could of gone sideways here.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
When you say "the black guy", WHICH black guy do you mean?
Hahaha

GTA SA just has a giant list of models. That explains why you get a ped when you use id 14 in the Map Editor, because it's in the same model list as all the other objects.

The list is roughly:
0 to 300 = Ped models;
321 to 371 = Weapon models;
400 to 611 = Vehicle models;
~615 to ~18000 = Other object models.

Never noticed this? The SA-MP Map Editor just shows the model, that's why it's capable of showing ped models. But when you try spawning them in SA-MP itself, it can't be done. They have extra data which can't be read by CreateObject. (Like bones from peds, damage models from vehicles)

Yeah, I found that in MC in free time But in SA-MP I always get crash with these objects