Greatest Ways To Learn Scripting?

Hello everyone,
I check all the new gamemodes they release. I just download 'em and check the features. I feel something like "Wow! How did he create a script like this? This isn't possible!". So I felt like learn scripting like "THEM".
I searched 100th times on ****** "How to learn scripting SAMP" or "Learn Pawno Language" stuff. I was redirected to wiki many times. You know what, I almost read all the stuffs in wiki but didn't learn any word out of it. Like when I start to understand something and scrolling down, new things come up. I had no problem with new things but it is a problem when they seem impossible to you. I don't get nothing.
Now scripting seems totally impossible to me. I don't get it, how you guys became fuc'ing cool at pawn. I can't believe you guys learnt scripting all by searching on ******, taking helps from wiki. Of course wiki is helpful but I can't believe it is enough to make someone pro at something...

I would love to know how you learnt scripting and grew up to be a "pro" from a newbie like me? These might help me learning at least a bit.

Do not post if you don't want to help please.

umm if you want to learn first you need to know about the program... im reading this (didnt finish it yet) and i have learned a lot.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/oygfbtvd6x3...ation.rar?dl=1

Actually most members are going to disagree with me but.

I learned scripting by mostly editing scripts by following a tutorial in the tutorial section, it is pretty useful if you edit a gamemode, because starting a new GM from scratch can be pain in the arse.

That is my Opinion!

Take it slowly. One function at a time. Read about it, try to understand what it does. Do something with it. If you fully understand the function, then repeat the process with another function. Eventually you will be able to combine stuff together.

Thanks for replies.
I think I was trying to learn too fast,lol. I'll do slowly like Vince said and see if I learn anything.
Thanks for link MarkoN, I'll try reading them all.
I don't have the basics YET in my mind, I think I'll work on someone else's gamemode to get used to what I learnt then.

Thanks for the tips, very much appreciated.

wiki.samp.com learn things from here

Start of with a basic TDM and look at the tutorials, then after awhile youll start to pick up on it.

You open up pawno and create a blank script. Read through the whole new script and press F5 (compile). If you got the hang of that and have read the callbacks (the 'publics'), you can go on and read some tutorials. You don't have to know the ins and outs of the callbacks, just read them and take a guess in what they do. OnPlayerSpawn is called On Player Spawning for instance.

When you read tutorials you know where the callbacks are already! Then you can implement some stuff from a tutorial (for instance a simple /kill command to see how commands work). If you want to know stuff in your own language, see if there is a language board for your language (the dutch board has some tutorials for every function -We are still building it-) and ask around there. (also: Don't post your posts in bold,, can't read it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor steven
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for replies.
I think I was trying to learn too fast,lol. I'll do slowly like Vince said and see if I learn anything.
Thanks for link MarkoN, I'll try reading them all.
I don't have the basics YET in my mind, I think I'll work on someone else's gamemode to get used to what I learnt then.

Thanks for the tips, very much appreciated.
No problem. First read Pawn_Language_Guide

I learned by downloading a GM, and watching what various function does. Then copying & pasting (LOL), then by myself.