[Tutorial] How to properly compile on a mac

How To Compile On A Mac

Welcome to my second tutorial on SA-MP forums, I have been inactive for a long time and I decided I wanted to get back into PAWN scripting again. So I decided to create a effective way to compile .pwn scripts on a mac.
1. First you will need to download CrossOver (I dont care if you use a torrent xD).

2. Now once that you have CrossOver installed you will need to install .net framework 3.5. now to do this you will have to click on the install widows software button at the startup menu.

3. From the dialog that then appears you will want to select 'runtime support components' and then you will choose Microsoft .NET framework 3.5

4. Now click on the Select a bottle in which to install, select new winxp bottle and name it pawno.

5. Once you have created your bottle you will want to now click the Proceed button.

6. After you complete all the necessary installation steps select from the top menu Configure>Manage Bottles.

7. Now select your new bottle and click on the advanced tab, once you have done this click Open C: drive.

8. This would have taken you to the directory in which your pawno application will go.

9. Now enter the Prgram Files Directory and paste in your pawno folder which you got from the sa-mp website.

10. Finally once you have done that slect Programs> Run command from the top menu. This will open a dialog, make sure you have selected that you want to use the pawno bottle. Click on the browse button and navigate to where you put the pawno.exe file. Now all you have to do is click Save command to programs menu to create the .app
Now you have successfully setup a working PAWN workspace for you to write code! If you run into any problems feel free to ask me and I will help you out!

Pictures will be added soon!
-Howelley

BUMP I feel like this is really useful and people need to know about it!

Err, 99% of people just script on a Windows PC, so no, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Err, well cross platform compatibility is always useful for new comers who may not entirely realise that they would not be able to compile and script on a mac, so when I put it like that I believe that it is useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I find it quite useful. Some people do want to script on macs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
Посмотреть сообщение
I find it quite useful. Some people do want to script on macs.
Hehe thanks for supporting me man means allot

Thanks for the Tutorial, It really helped