How to make a redirect

ok so i have a webhost and im trying to make a samp.genx-gaming.net but when i make a sub domain it just makes another website with index how do i?

Please update me with your control panel?
Does your webhosting have the cPanel interface, Kloxo or something else?

well its 000webhost

Right Okay.

Login to your 000webhost Control Panel >> Advanced Options >> Redirects.

In the box that has yourdomain.com/ - In the text field add another '/' for the directory.

In the redirect to section, you must then add the domaint that you want to redirect to.

but i want samp.genx-gaming.net not genx-gaming.net/samp

Okay then.

Create a new directory for your files then what you do is this.

Again yourdomain.com with '/' as the direction.
Redirect to the following: http://DIRECTORY.yourdomain.com/

If this has resolved your problem, please rep me and request an admin to lock this topic.
Thank you.

Go into DNS settings of your domain (not webhost) and add an A record pointing to the IP address of your server. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Go into DNS settings of your domain (not webhost) and add an A record pointing to the IP address of your server. That's it.
He simply wants to add a redirect for his webhosting to a subdirectory that he has create, thus he will actually need to create a subdomain through his hosting itself to point to the directory. I presume he's got what he needs anyhow, as he hasn't responded. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiLiamii
Посмотреть сообщение
If this has resolved your problem, please rep me and request an admin to lock this topic.
Thank you.
And you seriously double-posted just to say that, instead of editing your post? You, sir, deserve a coal in your socks.