What do you look for in a Hosting Company?

Hello,

After hosting free servers for people, I have decided to make a hosting company.
Yes I have the money to and the time. I already have a dedicated server with great specification's and a control panel.
I do have experience with Linux and Windows servers so please don't mention that.
Now, all I need is some advice. What do you look for in a hosting company?

I have already bought a domain, soon a billing panel.

So please help me out, and please don't bring negativity I am really being serious about this.

Regards,
xPhantom

well, i look for cheap, but reliable, free instant setup, good support team, and good and easy to understand control panel. i have experience with linux and windows, so contact me if you need a partner, worker, co owner, employee, etc.

-Cost
-Up time
-Staff
-Support Team
-Reliability
-Features
-Payment options
-Freebies
-SSL on the payment gateway(Better if everything has an SSL)

Hey,

A few years back I've tried myself at the same thing. Even though I didn't necessary specialize in SA-MP very much, quite the opposite. I figure I might as well share some of the valueable feedback I've gotten around that time.

Number 1:

The site and everything associated with your hosting company must have a professional but user-friendly design. Many of your customers will not be technical.

Number 2:

Cost. The cost must stay low at your best of abilities. I had the pleasure to work with a nice partner company back then which really helped me to provide low costs simply because they already had loads of servers, so the expenses were lower for them.

Number 3:

The support must be understanding of the problem and willing to help. I've received some very dissapointing feedback from some of my customers that they've felt alone with their problem when the Support Team simply told them that they will forward the problem to the "Technical Support". I fixed this issue by providing them with a user friendly support system where they could keep track of their questions directly and get direct support. I must admit though that the support itself was provided by the partnering company. However keeping your users aware of what is going on helps a lot. So, what's the lesson here?

TRANSPARENCY!

That's really the top number 3 problems that most people ran across. My setup was always within 5 minutes so I never had to bother with any issues there. The system worked flawlessly. I had a 24/7 support as well.

Though, nevertheless one of the biggest problems I came across is getting a steady customer base. Getting customers is not at all easy and is way underrated. My company died because the costs eventually became greater than the income.

I've kept myself short but I hope anyway that some of this helps you.

Good luck,
Extremo.

I wish for no more SA-MP hosts.

I think were perfect with the majority of the hosts already here.

l o l

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
I wish for no more SA-MP hosts.
and who exactly said the hosting is SA-MP or 'just for sa-mp'

1 ) Reliable support, and fast support online as much as possible if its live support.

2 ) User Friendly Website

3 ) No rude support.

and more....

Give car, money and new house to clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3s0
Посмотреть сообщение
Give car, money and new house to clients.
You gave them to your RxServers client? If you're not owner, does your owner gave them? Just asking..

on topic -
-User friendly control panel
-Good support
-Best Up time
-A sleek design for website