Do SA-MP awards exist, if not i would like to create them

Hey all,

I know SA-MP is just a game, but i find that us scripters have put alot of time and effort into our servers to ensure it runs smoothly..

Im not sure if any server award system exists, but i would like to design one - it can be totally unbiased and controlled by someone who everyone trusts (such as the SA-MP team etc).

Even though the top servers will be the typical ones with 500 slots etc...it gives us other servers some sort of credibility - we can have seperate polls for MASS-servers and MEDIUM-servers...(think of it like boxing, heavy weight, light, medium, and even feather xD)

If possible, can it be on the sa-mp.com domain, such as awards.sa-mp.com

I would be happy to design the voting system, make it secure and spam proof etc.

Im sure theres alot of better scripters than me, and if you would rather do it thats fine by me, im just suggesting an idea here

Also - an award system could encourage MORE players on SA-MP!

Hope this idea becomes reality very soon!!

Thanks

Trooper.

That's a great idea actually

Nope. Never going to happen. SA-MP is staying the way it is; as you've clearly seen for the past 5 years.

Awards for server,and should be displayed in SAMP forums?
Well I dont think its gonna happen because there are many servers all over samp.
And if creating also,it can cause huge lags,slow down forums or website may get crashed most of the time.

But we can create award system in a server and it can be published in that server's website/forum.

Lets create an award using money
Example:
pawn Код:
if(GetPlayerMoney(playerid)<10000)
{
 Awardrich[playerid]=1;
 SendClientMessage(playerid,FFFFF,"You've been awarded for reaching rich list.");
//And then this player's name can be added in server forum.
//If MySQL,it can be auto added(I think.)
So I think that would be better than awards.sa-mp.com

i meant more like a forum type 'poll' - but strictly one vote each (can be approved by moderators to avoid spam....etc)

I think its a very good idea.. but it will require server owners to collaborate.

I think I deserve an award for the amount of shit I've dealt with in my release topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
I think I deserve an award for the amount of shit I've dealt with in my release topics.
It's not shit , it's only Opinion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
or for pissing off the majority of people on SA-MP at least once, lol

OT: I don't think the SA-MP community would be the right audience for it

I find it funny that one of you subjected "it will crash the forums or making it slow" or even saying - lets do it ingame.

Both of you are wrong.

If your doing the award system you should be doing it either with Ruby on rails or PHP and from there dev the system which is pretty much simple to-do (the core - around a day) and from there work it up.

So yes, do a SA-MP Community awards that would be smart and great.

Bad idea. Just create an own website