[TeamSpeak Setting up Tutorial]

Okay so i know a lot of Community's have Teamspeak or are using TeamSpeak So i decided make this thread basic what to do when setting up your teamspeak server

Now step one is if you're on a paid host and gotten your server admin - This can be done drom your control panel from generating a Privilege Key then activating it in the TeamSpeak Okay So now we have our Server admin group in TeamSpeak from here its pretty simple .. Not really haha just follow along
Now we'll start with basic channels .

Normal channels such as its green box to the left [box]"Name" Or your red box [redbox]"Name"
These come in handy when you are just messing or making channels for sub channels or Main channels
Or for our Main channels such as [creating channel] we can main it many ways like [lspacer] <- form of spacer or [rspacer] another forum there are about 4-5 different spacers available to use

A list of them are
[cspacer] Witch makes the name show in the center of the the Channel box in TeamSpeak
[lspacer] This makes the name appear to the left corner of the teamSpeak
[rspacer] Same as above just to the right corner
[*spacer] This one is used to space things out so here we'd put something like _ or a - Now we seem to make alot of these? you'll need to do this [*spacer"number"] Example [*spacer1] So on so forth? okay.. Now
There is one more spacer kinda tricky its a [lspacer] you'll need like 3-4 of _ for this to work

Now when making a channel you'll wanna set them both to unlimited same for the max Family client this'll allow anyone to join such as Faction, General chat and other a sorts

Now i'll explain some into Administrator channels some already know how know by Default the Server Admin Group has a Join power of 75 Now in channel permissions you can edit the join power to 75 tada only admins can enter that channel how ever if you don't want everyone having your SA tag you can simply adjust the join power of a group and channel so its certain levels I'll get more into this in the next part! Now in channel permissions are your admin group at work or modify the channel- Now in Channel permission you'll see Join ,Subscribe, Description view power now your server admin group by default carries 75 so you'd set it to 75 on everything except Desp view unless you don't want them viewing it then it'd be 75

Now i think that covers channels If i forgot something post below and i'll add it >.>

Okay everyone Now the fun begins .. NOT REALLY haha

Now there is afew ways of going about this Now you can do it with out Advanced permission settings -Note if you do this you'll not be able to ban your server admin groups because of the [client ignore ban] Now thats pretty self explained on the normal view setting up groups not really needing to explain all that haha its there for you..

Now to begin the hard part

Okay this way is through the Advanced Permissions Settings :D Ready? lets go!

Now i'll explain some basic ones if you need further help please just message me and i'll explain more!

Now Ban power can go from 0-9999999 in the advanced A.L.L Server admin groups that can ban server admin grants a Ban power of 75 and Server admin auto needed 75 ban how ever a flaw in this is the ignore ban so you couldn't ever really ban them unless removing the tag now then your needed ban and ban power is gonna be your friend here cause if you have a roleplay server you'll notice that the default settings have ban of guest, normal, server admin now thats not very good but with the advanced you can set it so like if i had the Executive Admin group could have a ban power of say 250 <- Anything below this as group wise like Head admin would drop lets say maybe 10-15 points so say head admin is next its ban power would be 240 or 235 how ever the needed would be 250 or if you trust your admins not to fuck around you can set it to be equal to that of there ban power so we got that ignore ban , power in our way simply put in the advanced permission search box ignore ban or ban and you'll see a ignore on client ban or something and unclick that box removing its power to ignore it how ever for NO REASON DO YOU EDIT THE ORIGINAL ADMIN GROUP I swear to you don't do it the original server admin group is not to be edited i made this mistake myself don't do it. you may rename it or change the icon but don't click apply !!
Now kicking power there are two types of kicking.. Kicking from Channel and from server again same applys with ban on the power simply give your Executive admin kicking power of like 250 and down grade it by group same idea as the ban power and needed ban power! .. so yea Again any questions Message me about it i'll help you

Okay now moving you'll see group member remove power ignore that look for Move power and needed move power same goes for this as kicking or banning same idea just different setting you can set the needed move power so anyone can move you or just respected high admins depending on how you want it ! but example would be Move power - 250 needed move 250 kk? now that needed is the power needed to move you the move power is the granted power pretty self explained..

I dececied to do this all together so its better understood now then your join , subscribing, desc No matter what is maxed at 75 so your server admin will auto grant it Lets start with Joining first

Joing is kinda simple not alot to it ,
you can check the box to ignore password or Family clients simple really
Now join power would be 75 and lower for Executive admin it'd be 75 and head admin 74 or 73 and downwards ..

Subscribing same as joining basicly max channel allowed to subscribe would be -1 of course so we can sub them all

Same for Desp view.

Now talk power is VERY important the higher it is what it would sort under like Executive has a 250 anyone with said tag would be above someone who had a Head admin tag since that power would be like 230-235 now this is to help sort the level of admins please remember this its Very important!! you

Messing to such as like server or others Server admin grants you 75 but does not give you a needed if you don't want people messaging you just set the needed like joining and subing max is 75 and lower so set it by group EA needed 75 and Head admin has 75 message .. so they can talk to them then Seniors would be able to contact the heads and downwards .

Poking Same deal max 75 i'd just set them all like the message set up

Now i told you about that ignore ban.. its not the only thing thats ignored they also have ignore server flood and and ignore channel permission these two pretty much pointless to use/remove because they don't do any hard unless you don't want them spaming in witch case just remove the ignore

Icons are found mostly anywhere you can get them from Teamspeak website or by ****** what ever floats your boat but when uploading thats self explained! now applying icons you'll noticed a white box with a down arrow in normal permissions view right click change icon find the one you want dubble click it its auto applyed no need to click apply!!!!! NOTE THAT

Well then our Adding power the max is 75 on a paid host and 100 on home but lets study on the paid !

Its not hard to edit this you can set needed and add power to fit your needs or even removing same thing just make sure you do it right so like Example - i have a group that has a give of 58 and a needed give 65 So that group i have its add power needed to 58 for the groups its allowed to give get it? and the remove the same deal or else you'll have problems on your hands.. v.v don't do it
Oh just a side not ALWAYS set a needed give power even if its like 60 or something nothing below 50 .

When you finish editing a groups in advanced permissions DO NOT Edit it in normal permissions view what this means DO NOT click apply or REMOVE for ANY REASON you want to edit it? Do it in the advanced settings or you risk having to go through and redoing everything and we don't want that ..

Okay i'm tired so i'll add more to this later but at this time i'll post it up so you get the basic idea of setting up A TeamSpeak server
If you have any questions or suggestions to this thread Comment or Message me them i'll be checking this daily

"Insert no life here"

You forgot to put IMG tags for

Seriously how could you guys have so much free time to type crap like that which people already know ?

I thought its a topic about insatalling ts.

I can help you with that as well if you mean client or Server

Thanks a lot. Very damn useful.

^- Welcome if you aren't being sarcastic like everyone

Look, I appreciate your efforts, but you're pretty much posting in the wrong community.