Do I need to portforward Even if I only use LAN (No router)

So I have direct connect through the antenna of my broadband (sounds great)... I mean is I don't use WIFI Router. I used LAN. I have already add 7777 in my Windows Firewall Exceptions but nothing happened, still retrieving.. Im using Windows XP

Info: I'am using ESET NOD32 Antivirus (Also tried to disable all protection no works)

I don't advice you to put port at windows firewall the best idea is to access to your router and put port's

Default router username and password

Admin

If you want your router link go click on start and search for cmd run it and type ipconfig you'll see a list of ip's lookout at Default Gateway and copy that ip it'll redirect you to your router but it'll request username and password i told them above

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Nick
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't advice you to put port at windows firewall the best idea is to access to your router and put port's

Default router username and password

Admin

If you want your router link go click on start and search for cmd run it and type ipconfig you'll see a list of ip's lookout at Default Gateway and copy that ip it'll redirect you to your router but it'll request username and password i told them above
Thanks for the reply!

I have already tried this before until now, seems like our broadband companies here is not allowing portforwarding techniques (I guess)

Also I have tried to use portforwading tools. No works..

That's why im asking If I can do portforwarding WITHOUT a ROUTER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalor
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for the reply!

I have already tried this before until now, seems like our broadband companies here is not allowing portforwarding techniques (I guess)

Also I have tried to use portforwading tools. No works..

That's why im asking If I can do portforwarding WITHOUT a ROUTER?
you'll need a router for that.
modem is for internet browsing only,its not meant for other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkirill
Посмотреть сообщение
you'll need a router for that.
modem is for internet browsing only,its not meant for other things.
Huh? You clearly have no idea at all what you're talking about.

To the OP: Yes, it's entirely possible (if not easier) without a router, however due to the way you've phrased it, I'm a bit unsure on your connection type.

You said 'antenna'. Are you using a mobile connection? If so, you may want to seriously consider the latency involved with running a server - Pings will be incredibly high.

If it's a modem, and not a modem+router combo (Phone/Coax port in, ONE ethernet port out) then you effectively have a similar scenario to having a DMZ connection through a router. In short, it'll work great. Just fiddle with your firewall and you'll be set.
Remember, you need to allow connections inbound and outbound.

kbalor if you want server on your local host just add this 127.0.0.1 and you don't need to portforward for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOXrr
Посмотреть сообщение
Huh? You clearly have no idea at all what you're talking about.

To the OP: Yes, it's entirely possible (if not easier) without a router, however due to the way you've phrased it, I'm a bit unsure on your connection type.

You said 'antenna'. Are you using a mobile connection? If so, you may want to seriously consider the latency involved with running a server - Pings will be incredibly high.

If it's a modem, and not a modem+router combo (Phone/Coax port in, ONE ethernet port out) then you effectively have a similar scenario to having a DMZ connection through a router. In short, it'll work great. Just fiddle with your firewall and you'll be set.
Remember, you need to allow connections inbound and outbound.

ehh.... whatever -.-
Like you said,I clearly have no idea,then go ahead and explane everything you don't know sherlock.

If you are just playing on the server or someone else that is in your house/within the router connection then you don't need to port forward.
If you want other people to join then you would have to port forward a port for they can connect threw.
Though, if it's just you, regardless of what port it should connect.
Use your Ipv4 address. Something like; 192.168.0.10 and then your port at the end :7777
Basically as long as you're connected to the internet you can play it.

Make sure you have the correct port that is in server.cfg too.