[FilterScript] Carcols.dat

Introduction

Well,I decided to do a quick tutorial for carcols.dat editing...

Part 1

Carcols.dat (Program files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas/data/) manages vehicles' colors.It can be edited by text editors like Notepad.Once you open it,you'll see something like this:

Код:
0,0,0 # 0 black black
That mean 0=Red,0=Green,0=Blue
# 0 black=color id name
black=hue I think

So,it uses RGB scale. Here you can find a list of most used colors (see the RGB Value column).

Example:I want to change this colour

To this one

Now,I search for 4th color (ID 3,because they start from 0) and I change its value from this

Код:
To this

Код:
Close and save it.

Part 2

If you scroll down you'll see something like this:

Код:
admiral, 34,34, 35,35, 37,37, 39,39, 41,41, 43,43, 45,45, 47,47

Well,it means it's an Admiral,and it has 1/8 of chances to being the 34th colour,another 1/8 to being the 35th etc...So it could be something like:

Код:
carmodelname, color1,color1, color2,color2, color3,color3 etc.

For two-colours cars (like Cops,Ambulance,etc) it's a bit different.Infact,they have only one chance to be two colours.Let's see LS Cop Car (copcarla):

Код:
copcarla, 0,1

It means it has one chance to being black and white (0=black color ID,1=white color ID).Don't add more chances to these ones,they may crash!

This little tutorial finished for the moment,but there are some things you gotta know:
  • Colours are 126.They're used with street's cars,but only 64 are used for garages.
  • May you can edit it while game is running,without crash.
  • You can change colors' name as you want.
That's all! My Friends

PS:Sorry for my really bad english

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

If i help you Dont Forget To Add My Rep!
Thank You Allz!
Regards
Talkro

Wrong section to post.

Wrong section.
And this isnt [Filterscript]

good

Thx