[SOLVED] JoyToKey Joypad Controls | Conflict Between SA & SA:MP

(Too long ? Read the bold characters.)

Hello guys,

First, as I'm new on the forum, thx to SAMP Team for their work, I had much fun on it back in the days.

Now the problem. Few days ago I wanted to play again to San Andreas on my new PC, I always use a controller so I knew what to do after the installation, use JoyToKey to map the SA controls to the controller. Spent some hours doing the perfect set, to match every single keys to turn my setting as if it was on PS2 (including, searching for actual PS2 manuals to start from official source because 3 singles Wikis couldn't have the same infos...). After having the perfect thing, I start installing SAMP and prepare my self to some great fun. I log on a random server to see if everything's ok... AND BAM, messed up controls all over the place... It appeared that SAMP was setting default controls to my controller, creating a conflict with my JoyToKey configuration.

I did several cross testing :

- Single Player with no SAMP and Xbox 360 Controller Driver + JoyToKey disabled = controller non answering
- Single Player with no SAMP and no driver + JoyToKey disabled = controller non answering
- SAMP Debug + JoyToKey disabled = controller non answering

...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I stop right there to tell you that, during the writing of this, I hesitated about the testing I did, and I actually didn't do one properly :

- SAMP Debug + JoyToKey enabled = controls messed up (this was on the first try, before coming here)

What I apparently forgot to uninstall right before the test this afternoon was a cheating script (you're apparently censoring here)... So now it goes like this :

- SAMP Debug + JoyToKey enabled + no *insert famous cheating script name here* = controls working just fine...

Well, I solved my problem alone, it's the first help-topic I create on a forum in years, and yet before posting it, I figured the problem by myself.

PS : For the ones interested, I uploaded my settings, so if you're also using JoyToKey and an Xbox Controller and you need to have the perfect keybindings, well there you go http://www.mediafire.com/?hvduhjdwc7uqme3.