Problem with server lags

Hello, i need help! I'm searching for shield on ddos atack through varius program for example oopCrasher. This program can be used to crash gamers and off my server. In console you must first write ip, than port and a number of packets

Can I remady these attacks?

Thanks for help.

hmmm man dont download Mods Okay

Hmmm Try to reinstall Your Mods | Dont download Mods|

u can stop dos (denial of service) attacks with COMODO Firewall.

Guys, its not game lags, anyone is lagging my server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveBG
Посмотреть сообщение
u can stop dos (denial of service) attacks with COMODO Firewall.
What? No.

Meandes, if you could answer the following questions, it'd greatly help people's ability to suggest solutions.
  1. Is this home hosted, or otherwise?
  2. Do you have direct root/administrative access to the server?
  3. Are you aware of the size of the attacks?

VOXrr, 1. otherwise
2. yes
3. yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meandes
Посмотреть сообщение
VOXrr, 1. otherwise
2. yes
3. yes
Thanks

Well, you have a few options, but they're largely dependent on your host's willingness to help, and your budget.

At a basic level, you could set up firewall rules through iptables.
Monitor the traffic, and if you see patterns linking to the attack, apply rules to drop them. At the very least, this should lessen the load on the applications you're running, since they're being 'hit' less.

That said, if you're getting a multi-gbit attack on a 100mbit port, you're a bit stuck.
In that case, politely ask your provider what services they can offer to help you. Be aware that they might not be so helpful.

In the event that the attacks are continuous, relentless, and your host isn't helping, it'll be time to jump ships to another provider.
I've had experience with Awknet's filtering on a budget, and it seemed to work well for me. YMMV.

refreshh

The "oopsCrasher" crasher is a bot fluid application, which can be easily blocked, unlike DDoS attacks.
To block this, simply firewall/block the attacker's IP.

If it's a DDoS attack you will either have to get some firewall software or purchase an Anti-DDoS protection which is kind of expensive.