What would it be like if SA-MP used ... not PAWN!

Scripting for SA-MP with C# could be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskmonger
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually Mauzen, its entirely possible to have a Java server and C++ client. The data sent would still be the same. Therefore, no dlls woild be required because everything could be handled by jar libraries. Therefore, the SAMP team could provide a library containing the API (including networking) and then users could add it to the build path and use it.
Of course the server/client prgrams are independent, and just need the same communication protocol, but what I meant was, the samp server is not written in java (and as it uses raknet and memory access I doubt this would even be possible) so running a java gamemode in a non-java server would be a difficult job without wrappers, that basically end up in a pawn script again.

But it would be possible for the SA-MP team to write a library containing the API and all the necessary networking, meaning a user coulsadd it to the build path, write their part to it, and then run it. The "script" would then be an all-in-one server.

I know someone who is scripting SAMP with C#

The only reason SA-MP doesn't expose it's "core" in the SDK is because we have pawn for that, why waste time writing two SDKs instead of one and forcing community fragmentation? Plugins are used to add features, pawn is used to link those features.

I don't know why, but I think I'd like more scripting for SA-MP in Java.