Steam and DayZ

Seems like they're running out of keys, can't run OA yet because it failed to contact key server.
Support ticket? No way they're replying.
Anyone else has similar experiences with these errors?

Hmmm, maybe they recruiting from specific countries, i guess, im not sure.
I had that problem on other games.
example.. i tryed to play some kind of game which recruits people from US/Canada, and im from israel, so i had no option.. and it showed me the same problem like yours..
I hope i helped

I highly doubt they're running out of keys. "XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" is the format of the key. I'm not 100% sure how to work out how many keys you can get out of that but I'm pretty sure it's over a few billion.

Failing to contact the key server can mean they're having troubles with the servers or your computer can not connect to it.

If it failed to connect to the key server, then the server is probably down or you may have loss of connectivity to it.

You could try launching Steam as an administrator (since it starts up without all administrative rights) by right clicking the application and launching it as administrator.

Sometimes OA doesn't run nicely without the above being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
I highly doubt they're running out of keys. "XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" is the format of the key. I'm not 100% sure how to work out how many keys you can get out of that but I'm pretty sure it's over a few billion.

Failing to contact the key server can mean they're having troubles with the servers or your computer can not connect to it.
The combination of the keys is not the problem. Steam did not buy enough game licenses keys to accommodate all of the purchases. They need to buy the keys from BiStudio.

What he said ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
The combination of the keys is not the problem. Steam did not buy enough game licenses keys to accommodate all of the purchases. They need to buy the keys from BiStudio.
So the only solution for this, is to wait when they have enough STEAM keys...

EDIT: I mean enough ARMA II:CO keys on STEAM.

What the fuck are you talking about?