I've a question for you guys.

If I might buy this vps

Specs:

1024 MB RAM + 2000 gb data
100 GB Harde Schijf
30 GB Externe Back-up Ruimte
30 Snapshots
IPv4 & Onbeperkt IPv6 Adressen

Would I then be able to run a server on it smootly?

without any lag?

Greetz,

Just1c3

it depends how many slots... but 100 slots should be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
Посмотреть сообщение
it depends how many slots... but 100 slots should be fine
Should 150 , or 250 too be fine?

Because I want to run a 150 server.

well, you can try, but i doubt you need that many anyways, i reccomend you use rxservers as a host, just take a look at them

i got my old vps from nfoservers, i once had 230 players on and it didnt lag basicaly same specs as you,

Not a clue.
VPSs aren't created equal by any means. How much is your provider charging for the above plan?

It'd work great providing that the disk isn't being abused, the CPU load is relatively low, and the network quality is good. As we don't have that information currently, it's very difficult to judge it.

Dude, with those specs you can run a 300-500 slots server provided that your network quality and CPU load is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse
Посмотреть сообщение
Dude, with those specs you can run a 300-500 slots server provided that your network quality and CPU load is good.
Wouldn't 300 players use over 2tb traffic over a month? :L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse
Посмотреть сообщение
Interesting for you to say that, and it's incredibly important people take note of it, especially in pseudo-shared environments like VPSs.

When using a VPS, you're sharing the CPU with other people - Providers generally don't mind CPU utilisation until it affects other clients. So, in essence, ensure that your scripts or optimised or you might be thrown out if you have 300 slots filled and you're hammering the server resources.

@OP

How many users are you expecting to be on your server at peak times?

VPS also depends on provider, for SAMP server look for Xen virtualization, so you really have dedicated memory and it cant be oversold, before ordering ask that VPS company to give you some test IP and test it at http://just-ping.com, there shouldnt be any packet lose for smooth play, also 100 slot in a month will use around 300GB bandwidth and you dont need 100GB HDD for samp server, you can easly take just 10GBs, so mayeb you can save some cash. but even 512MB VPS can run 100 slot server smoothly, so your will be just in time.