1st smudge sigs

I've always wondered how to make the smudgy signatures that I see every now and again so I decided to have a go at making some signatures

1st sig

2nd

3rd

I could use some cnc and feedback on these as I really like making them and experimenting with the smudge tool

You shouldn't use scatter that much on renders, try to put in some movement or flow. It doesn't look that good imho.
The first one, you should erase some of the smudging parts on top of the render, maybe lower the opacity or darken a bit?
The second one is pretty good, but I'd say it needs some more work on the background as it has some empty spots.
The third one could use some work on the background because there's a huge empty black spot.. The focal's face is a bit hard to see, also I'd say the text is a bit badly placed on all of them.
Anyway, just try to play around with the settings and eventually you'll get better at smudging. Smudging is my favorite technique actually. I, myself, mostly use the default brushes. Frequently the round-hard 13px brush, and just edit it how I want.
I think you have potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansish
Посмотреть сообщение
You shouldn't use scatter that much on renders, try to put in some movement or flow. It doesn't look that good imho.
The first one, you should erase some of the smudging parts on top of the render, maybe lower the opacity or darken a bit?
The second one is pretty good, but I'd say it needs some more work on the background as it has some empty spots.
The third one could use some work on the background because there's a huge empty black spot.. The focal's face is a bit hard to see, also I'd say the text is a bit badly placed on all of them.
Anyway, just try to play around with the settings and eventually you'll get better at smudging. Smudging is my favorite technique actually. I, myself, mostly use the default brushes. Frequently the round-hard 13px brush, and just edit it how I want.
I think you have potential.
Thank you for the honest CnC man!
I was hoping to get some feedback from you and I did
I will take your words of wisdom and try again with my smudging

For your first smudge sigs, try smudging your render and the area where your render will be, leave the rest up for clouds + C4D or something.
Also, use different brushes, there are some good smudge brushes out there.

A lot better than I could do, nice work