The unqiue word nowadays.

Wow, why o why are these people using the word "unique" to much these days? Unique this, unique that, unique RP, unique .. unique unique unique unique unique.. Damn.. There are billions of other words out there.. One example: Magnificent Roleplaying, or Unreachable TDM server, or Unbeatable and there are countless of other words you can use. No wonder why these new RP servers get no players in-game. The word "unique" scares them away. So, tell me what do you think of this guys..

Oh, a unique thread.

Look at how unique this thread it!

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOU WHINE, GTFO

Hah, very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxCafe
Посмотреть сообщение
Hah, very funny.
i was serious

Most of the people that have the word "unique" in their advertisements or server name think that they will easily get more players for their server and because of that, the servers that are REALLY unique are having a pain in the ass because nobody joins their server because they think its one of these servers that say they are unique, while they arent. I really hope SA:MP someday returns the offical tab or that some beta-tester will make a list with unique servers, or whatever.

Agreed with above.

I wonder why some people care so much about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jese
Посмотреть сообщение
I wonder why some people care so much about this?
Well, lemme see... Its annoying for the players and for the serverowners. I wonder if you would still say the same if you were looking for something really unique and fun and every "unique" server that you find is ran by a beginner who doesnt know how to script and is using a downloaded or leaked script with almost nothing edited, just a new name and some commands almost everybody on this forums can script. I'm not saying using a downloaded script is bad (leaked is, however)... Its just that you need to know how to run and maintain a script and not like i explained above, put an unique tag in the advertisements and servername, change the servername and add some simple commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corne
Посмотреть сообщение
Most of the people that have the word "unique" in their advertisements or server name think that they will easily get more players for their server and because of that, the servers that are REALLY unique are having a pain in the ass because nobody joins their server because they think its one of these servers that say they are unique, while they arent. I really hope SA:MP someday returns the offical tab or that some beta-tester will make a list with unique servers, or whatever.
Why was it gotten rid of anyway? Anyone?

OT: Yeah, it is a pain in the neck for the servers that are truly unique. But, it depends on how you define unique. Is a RP server with unique features a unique server? No, because there are tons of "roleplay" servers. The best servers IMO are ones that have a popular type, but unique features, that way you know the owner/scripter have really put some work into the server.