Refunding? why!

I've just got to ask this question because it plays on my mind.. Why do people make servers, spend their money on a host ect then ruin their server economy by handing out ridiculous refunds? In my opinion that just turns me right away from a server.

That's all I see nowadays is "refunding" does anyone else think it's a noobish way to run a server? and a quick way of getting players because they don't want to put the work in? or do they do it to attract players for donations?

Sorry guys I'm just over the server advertisements having a waste of time server ad being posted.

And why you post here? Post at their web instead

cause refunding attracts more number of people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexer1234
Посмотреть сообщение
cause refunding attracts more number of people...
But gives your server a bad look.

Nowdays SA:MP is filled with these kinds of servers and actually even it is noobish some of them attracts a good player base so what we say here does no worth a penny, the most important thing in a game server is to get more players and these servers are getting more players even if it looks noobish.

Some servers need to server as noob-magnets, you you get mature players on your own server

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChoco
Посмотреть сообщение
And why you post here? Post at their web instead
Because it's a general discussion, if you have an issue with it don't click onto it? If you haven't noticed I was asking for other peoples opinion on the issue and I've gotten some good answers.

I'm actually surprised by how much 8 year old's like refund servers. I agree, I've seen them everywhere, they really turn away players that can actually roleplay (in the case of roleplay servers) and are mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm actually surprised by how much 8 year old's like refund servers. I agree, I've seen them everywhere, they really turn away players that can actually roleplay (in the case of roleplay servers) and are mature.
Correct it can turn away players WHO can roleplay and attract 8 - 9 year olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred
Посмотреть сообщение
I've got a server and I would NEVER give refunds from other servers.. It's just unprofessional and ridiculous, what is the point in playing if your automatically rich?