Strafing.

Ok.. I was not sure where to post this.. as there is no general support board.

Anyways, for some reason I can not strafe to the left and right (while holding m4, deagle etc), this been for a long time now and I always wondered why. Till [NB]Nyo told me that this was a bug which only seems to happen on new PC's and where your FPS is higher then 40 or so. Now I've tested that, putted frame limiter on and suprisingly I could strafe to left and right again, but got some kinda weird lag cause of having frame limiter on.

Eh.. I really dont know how to explain this good, maby there is someone who has the same problem and knows howto fix this?

Its best to have the frame limiter on anyway as frame rate affect the physics of the game. I had a frame rate of 100+ and I noticed car tires stuck to the ground more and did a lot of burnouts and I couldn't fly Skimmers as they would just stick to the water too much.

Hmm, when I got frame limiter on my game just doesnt run smooth anymore.. it get some kinda weird lag and becomes really un-smooth like mta

Quote:
Originally Posted by !damo!spiderman
Its best to have the frame limiter on anyway as frame rate affect the physics of the game. I had a frame rate of 100+ and I noticed car tires stuck to the ground more and did a lot of burnouts and I couldn't fly Skimmers as they would just stick to the water too much.
THAT is good information to know. It explains a bit of things I've experienced.

Yeah the frame limiter atm caps it at 25fps which is pretty lame.

Quote:
Yeah the frame limiter atm caps it at 25fps which is pretty lame.
Yep, I really want to be able of setting my own FPS limit you know.. to check where exactly strafing stops working. But I dont think that can be done :/.

We have been using 40fps in beta tests( requested by me :P ) but I'm not sure if that will be included in the next release :P

i know this is beyond old but /fpslimit may help others that are wondering or having this problem.

I noticed that too on my new videocard with more fps.
With 25 <= fps <= 40 I can strafe...
Anyway /fpslimit is a good thing, do dot remove it, please!

Quote:
We have been using 40fps in beta tests( requested by me :P ) but I'm not sure if that will be included in the next release :P
Hmm, you could do that only ''hosted'' server can have 40fps or higher, so there will be no lag with home servers (and all that slow stuff)

I'd like it if the release forced 40FPS. Bullets shoot faster with 40FPS compared to 25FPS. So if you're fighting someone who has 25 and you have 40, you will shoot as if you have 25FPS on their screen since everything is clientside. Also as !damo!spiderman said, high FPS (above 45-ish) effects other aspects of the game (slower swimming, tires sticking).

Yeah ummm...

Their server might not have

SetPlayerWeaponSkill(playerid,999);

They need that code in their server to let you do it...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-R0
View Post
Yeah ummm...

Their server might not have

SetPlayerWeaponSkill(playerid,999);

They need that code in their server to let you do it...LOL
If you don't know, this thread is from 2008, and there wasn't SetPlayerWeaponSkill at 2008.