Port 7777 open, server online/on hosted list yet not on internet list..

So a quick funny little issue I am having here and can't seem to find any answers. I got a linux box hosting my game server I decided to enabled my firewall everything is dropped besides the accepting of port 7777 and if the source is the IP. Now this works completely fine everybody see's the server, they're able to join, it's on the hosted list even, bots join but now the Internet list it's not on it, but if I disable the linux firewall settings its on.

also I have read https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=267134 and no answer on it...

Try making exception for SA-MP in firewall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXservers
View Post
Try making exception for SA-MP in firewall.
I don't get what you mean by this, as I said I allowed the ports of 7777 and the only thing I could think of your trying to say is allow the service of samp03svr / announce but that can't be done.

Port forwarding on 7777. Doesn't mean it will show up on the internet list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you must have a host ( not home hosted. ) - To get on Internet Tab.

To get on the hosted tab, contact your Hoster<Host Company, and speak to them about it.

no i think it can be home hosted and on internet list, as long as the announce is set to 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
View Post
no i think it can be home hosted and on internet list, as long as the announce is set to 1
I've tested that with someone. He never showed up onto the internet list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira297
View Post
Port forwarding on 7777. Doesn't mean it will show up on the internet list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you must have a host ( not home hosted. ) - To get on Internet Tab.

To get on the hosted tab, contact your Hoster<Host Company, and speak to them about it.
Who said anything about home host. Correct me if I am wrong but what kinda home host uses linux? Anyways I am already on the hosted list if you bothered to read my first post "it's on the hosted list even".

Now I am renting a dedicated server if you ever heard of one of those, now that is cleared up lets clear a few things out towards your post.

1. I have hosted my game server without a firewall for months and months and months on my dedicated on the internet list completely fine.

2. Now that all of a sudden I add this firewall which prevents all connections towards the one IP address besides allowing port 777 to outgoing, it doesn't show up on the internet list.

3. Linux Firewall is not like Windows Firewall where it will only allow/block certain programs, it's like a router firewall where you must add accepting ports. So this means that the internet list must have a separate port, yet everywhere I look I don't see it anywhere.

open server.cfg and find announce 0 and change it to 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre__
View Post
open server.cfg and find announce 0 and change it to 1
Did you not read my post
"1. I have hosted my game server without a firewall for months and months and months on my dedicated on the internet list completely fine."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossUSAAF
View Post
You can get "Hosted" tab only from hosting companies. Usually you need to have already game server in company, before get your server to "Hosted" tab.

Sometimes it takes time, before your server appears to "Internet" list. Can your any friends join/see your server?

Thank you.
What are you talking about, I am not asking how I get onto the hosted list I am explaining that I am on the hosted list yet my server is not going to the internet list due to linux firewall, yet port 7777 is opened and over 200 players are online completely fine. And I know it takes time, but does it take 2 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
View Post
Did you not read my post
"1. I have hosted my game server without a firewall for months and months and months on my dedicated on the internet list completely fine."

What are you talking about, I am not asking how I get onto the hosted list I am explaining that I am on the hosted list yet my server is not going to the internet list due to linux firewall, yet port 7777 is opened and over 200 players are online completely fine. And I know it takes time, but does it take 2 days?
Can you see your server in "Internet" list with SACNR monitor, or some other monitor?