Something I just cant get!

Hey everyone, Im trying to do some stuff with my jobs and I cant figure out how to do this.
Iv created a dialog where you choose a job you want to have.
pawn Код:
CMD:joblist(playerid, params[])
{
    if(!IsPlayerLoggedIn(playerid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "You need to login first before using any command.");
    if(!IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid,2,387.0219,173.7238,1008.3828) && !IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid,2,1422.5873,-1844.9670,13.5469)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You aren't at a job zone.");
    if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob] && PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIP] < 2) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You already have a job.");
    if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob] && PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIPJob] && PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIP] >= 2) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You already have two jobs, /quitjob then try again.");
    if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid,2,387.0219,173.7238,1008.3828)) ShowDialog(playerid, 31);
    else if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid,2,1422.5873,-1844.9670,13.5469)) ShowDialog(playerid, 32);
    return 1;
}
The problem im having is the player is able to have two jobs if they are VIP. I need a way so they cant get the same job twice if they choose a job they arealy have. Here is what happens at the moment if they choose mechanic:
pawn Код:
if(!PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob]) PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob] = JOB_MECHANIC;
                    else if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIP] >= 2) PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIPJob] = JOB_MECHANIC;
                    SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTBLUE, "* You have joined the {FF6347}Mechanic {33CCFF}job, type /help to view your job commands.");
I want to make it so If they have no job at all then pJob will be set to mechanic. Otherwise if they do have a job and they arent level 2 VIP then a message saying "you already have a job" or if they are already a mechanic then "you are already a mechanic."
But if they are vip it will check if they have no job in vip slot, etc..
Can someone please help me with this, Id be greatly apreciative!

On your enumaration of player info,I bet pJob looks like this:
pawn Код:
enum
{
   pJob
}
Change it to:
pawn Код:
enum
{
  pJob[128]
}
Now,it's a string and you format it like this:
pawn Код:
format(PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob],128,"JOB_MECHANIC");
Then read it and see if he has a job...Not sure it'll work:
pawn Код:
if(!PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob][0])//he doesn't have a job
pawn Код:
if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob][0] != 0)//he has a job

Theres goto be an easier way?
When the player doesnt have a job its set to JOB_NONE
and iv got other jobs like JOB_SKIPPER and JOB_TAXI etc..

Sorry,I don't think there's another way,what do you loose if you try?And maybe it works,so..After you checked if the player has a job using the statement I gave you,DO NOT CHECK what job he does have anymore,only if he has one,and therefor send him a message he alread has a job,meaning that you can even use a variable instead of job strings,0 he has no jobs,1,he has a job...

I thought we were not authorized to place array in enums. Am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelemaster
Посмотреть сообщение
I thought we were not authorized to place array in enums. Am I right?
Sureee,then,if you can do it,make a vehicle system(dealership),or buyable house system,but STORE THE Owner,player's name into a variable and write it in a DataBase,without arrays
pawn Код:
enum hinfo
{
    owner[24],
    Hname[100],
    costprice,
    Float:EnterPos[3],
    Float:TelePos[3],
    sellprice,
    interiors,
    Text3D:textid,
    checkpointidx[2]
};
Script that whole piece of code without arrays..

It would seem that this works for what I want but The message still comes up. How can I arrange it so the message comes up if you actually change your job yet error messages come up if didnt change your job?
pawn Код:
if(!PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob] && PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIPJob] != JOB_MECHANIC) PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob] = JOB_MECHANIC;
                    else if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIP] >= 2 && !PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIPJob] && PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob] != JOB_MECHANIC) PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIPJob] = JOB_MECHANIC;
                    SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTBLUE, "* You have joined the {FF6347}Mechanic {33CCFF}job, type /help to view your job commands.");

pawn Код:
if(!PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob][0])
{
   format(PlayerInfo[playerid][pJob],128,"JOB_MECHANIC");
}
That should do the trick,I think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjgogo
Посмотреть сообщение
That should do the trick,I think..
I feel the need to facepalm .. JOB_MECHANIC is obviously just a numeric define.

it is a numeric define. whys that? :/
I was being kind of stupid with this post, I just realised something Id done wrong and its all working now.
My bad :/