Today I learned - Share your newly found knowledge!

Today, I learnt that
This Current Code, can be used in opposite ways (I don't know how it is called, but I'll call it, Opposite Function :P)

pawn Код:
new
    PlayerTeam [ MAX_PLAYERS char ]
;

//Normal Function
if(PlayerTeam{playerid} == 1)
{
    Rest Of The Code In Here
}

//Opposite Function
if(1 == PlayerTeam{playerid})
{
    Rest Of The Code In Here
}

Today I learned that MySQL strict mode requires you update all fields in a query, or have a default values in place for the fields you aren't updating. Otherwise...anger occurs.

Thanks KingJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pds2k12
Посмотреть сообщение
Today, I learnt that
This Current Code, can be used in opposite ways (I don't know how it is called, but I'll call it, Opposite Function :P)

pawn Код:
new
    PlayerTeam [ MAX_PLAYERS char ]
;

//Normal Function
if(PlayerTeam{playerid} == 1)
{
    Rest Of The Code In Here
}

//Opposite Function
if(1 == PlayerTeam{playerid})
{
    Rest Of The Code In Here
}
They're called Yoda conditions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
Посмотреть сообщение
They're called Yoda conditions!
Yes master.

Highly encouraged in languages without "possible unintended assignment" warnings

TIL that having spaces before and after a color code in a textdraw can seriously mess up your server and even crash it! Is it a fact or just me? Also, TIL that the C++ taught in college is seriously outdated, modern C++ is like a new language itself, I got lost in a matter of seconds! (Vectors, STL, containers, etc?) No modest documentation, only big big words.

Today i learned how to detect a word from a single character for example...

If Player Abuses using the world "fuck". Then Using A "for" loop we can loop through the string lenght of players text and detect if theres a word 'f' and if yes detect if the words position + 1 is 'u' again check if position of f + 2 is 'u' and position of word + 3 is 'k' using LOGICAL AND..

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerText(playerid,text[])
{
     for(new i = 0; i <= strlen(text); i++)
     {
           if(text[i] == 'f' && text[i+1] == 'u' && text[i+2] == 'c' && text[i+3] == 'k') // Do Something
     }
     return 1;
}
Well this is the longest way to detect a abusive word in players text but might be usefull to detect correct abusive words in the chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pds2k12
Посмотреть сообщение
People these days, at least he learnt something, unlike other people who doesn't learn and always ask question(spamming) on Scripting Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicali
Посмотреть сообщение
Today I learned a few things about 3DTextLabels and inputtext.

Words are words, rules are rules

Well I learned how to create a custom 3DTextLabel with dynamic colours and a customised name through a dialog-based system using inputtext and custom colors.

Today i learned About Enums and isnull, isnull is used to check if is nothing params of a cmd or to check whether smthing is typed. Enum are used to store hugr amount of data.

with this code

pawn Код:
if( isnull (params) ) // for ISNULL
/* ---------------------------------------------------- */
enum whattolearn
{
    english,
    pawnlanguage,
    martianlanguage,
    badlanguage
};
new lang [] [whattolearn]
/* don't try my ENUM example :P */

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie scripter
Посмотреть сообщение
or to check whether smthing is typed.
isnull is used to check for empty strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie scripter
Enum are used to store hugr amount of data.
NO. variables store data. the 'new' keyword creates a variable. enums define a list of symbolic constants.

ok... did anyone learn anything useful today?

i learn that there is a lot to be learned about pawn and scripting in general

Today, I learned about string formatting, local & global variables and a bit of stocks.

Today i learned how to create a map location mover and to rotate to hole map

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8_4bG8bU6I[/ame]

wtf^? u just attach all objects? and what is the point of this

Not bad, next step customize your rotation node

I learned how to use SetTimer properly. (but still have a mistake)

pawn Код:
forward ResetRob(playerid);
public ResetRob(playerid)
{
    RecentRob[playerid] = 0;
    RecentRobbed[playerid] = 0;
}
pawn Код:
CMD:robplayer(playerid,params[])
{
    if(gTeam[playerid] != CIVILIAN)
    {
        SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob players as officer!");
        return 1;
    }
    else if (gTeam[playerid] == CIVILIAN)
    {
        new targetid,targetname[25],playername[25],Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z;
        if(sscanf(params,"u", targetid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ffff00}=USAGE=: {ffffff}/robplayer <id>");
        if(targetid == INVALID_PLAYER_ID) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}The player is not online!");
        if(targetid == playerid) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob yourself, idiot.");
        if(GetPlayerState(targetid) == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER || GetPlayerState(targetid) == PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGER) return SendClientMessage(playerid,-1,"{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob a player that is in a vehicle!");
        if(GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER || GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGER) return SendClientMessage(playerid,-1,"{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob when you're in a vehicle, exit your vehicle first!");
        if(targetid != IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 4, X, Y, Z)) SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob this player as you're too far than the player!");
        GetPlayerPos(targetid, X, Y, Z);
        GetPlayerName(targetid, targetname, sizeof(targetname));
        GetPlayerName(playerid, playername, sizeof(playername));
        if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(targetid, 4, X,Y,Z))
        {
            if(GetPlayerMoney(targetid) <= 2500 || RecentRobbed[targetid] == 1 || RecentRob[playerid] == 1)
            {
                SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob this player as the player's cash is less than $2500 or he's recently robbed!");
                return 0;
            }
            else if(GetPlayerMoney(targetid) > 2500 && RecentRobbed[targetid] == 0 || RecentRob[playerid] == 0)
            {
                new string[128];
                new Money = GetPlayerMoney(targetid);
                new Robbed = random(Money);
                GivePlayerMoney(playerid, Robbed);
                GivePlayerMoney(targetid, -Robbed);
                format(string, sizeof(string), "{ffff00}=SUCCESS=: {ffffff}You have robbed %d from %s!", Robbed, targetname);
                SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, string);
                format(string, sizeof(string), "{ffff00}=SUCCESS=: {ffffff}%s has robbed %d from you!", playername, Robbed);
                SendClientMessage(targetid, -1, string);
                RecentRobbed[targetid] = 1;
                RecentRob[playerid] = 1;
                UserInfo[playerid][uRobbed]++;
                SetTimer("ResetRob", 5*60*1000, 0);
                return 1;
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
Just sayin'. Take this script if you want my shitty script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeXian99
View Post

pawn Code:
{
    RecentRob[playerid] = 0;
}
pawn Code:
{
    {
        SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob players as officer!");
        return 1;
    }
    {
        if(sscanf(params,"u", targetid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ffff00}=USAGE=: {ffffff}/robplayer <id>");
        if(targetid == INVALID_PLAYER_ID) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}The player is not online!");
        if(targetid == playerid) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob yourself, idiot.");
        if(GetPlayerState(targetid) == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER || GetPlayerState(targetid) == PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGER) return SendClientMessage(playerid,-1,"{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob a player that is in a vehicle!");
        if(GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER || GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGER) return SendClientMessage(playerid,-1,"{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob when you're in a vehicle, exit your vehicle first!");
        if(targetid != IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 4, X, Y, Z)) SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob this player as you're too far than the player!");
        {
            if(GetPlayerMoney(targetid) <= 2500 || RecentRobbed[targetid] == 1 || RecentRob[playerid] == 1)
            {
                SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "{ff0000}=ERROR=: {ffffff}You can't rob this player as the player's cash is less than $2500 or he's recently robbed!");
                return 0;
            }
            else if(GetPlayerMoney(targetid) > 2500 && RecentRobbed[targetid] == 0 || RecentRob[playerid] == 0)
            {
                new string[128];
                format(string, sizeof(string), "{ffff00}=SUCCESS=: {ffffff}You have robbed %d from %s!", Robbed, targetname);
                format(string, sizeof(string), "{ffff00}=SUCCESS=: {ffffff}%s has robbed %d from you!", playername, Robbed);
                RecentRob[playerid] = 1;
                return 1;
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
Instead of creating timer for each function make a global one, which contains everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthefuck123
View Post
wtf^? u just attach all objects? and what is the point of this
The point of this was not how to rotate the Objects, but rather to save all coords of this Objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeXian99
View Post

pawn Code:
{
    RecentRob[playerid] = 0;
}
pawn Code:
{
    {
        return 1;
    }
    {
        {
            {
                return 0;
            }
            {
                new string[128];
                RecentRob[playerid] = 1;
                return 1;
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
It's not this:

pawn Code:
It's this:

pawn Code:
SetTimerEx("ResetRob", 5*60*1000, false, "i", playerid);
SetTimerEx will forward it if it has any variables within the brackets, forgot how to phrase this.

pawn Code:
forward ResetRob(); // this would use SetTimer
forward ResetRob(playerid); // this would use SetTimerEx