SA-MP 0.3e R2 server update

Thanks for the update.

Thanx Updating!

Thank you for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku
View Post
Not to be rude or anything but new updates are being released way too fast and they actually provide nothing that\'s really useful
I don\'t have any idea what you mean by "too fast", but if you\'re disappointed by the fact that the 0.3e R2 server only brings 2 updates, then you should learn about how things work first. And you don\'t understand the necessity of this "too fast" update either, but let me explain: security updates usually need to be delivered to the server owners as the developers usually are not the only ones aware of the unsecure points.

Furthermore, if you\'re hinting to there only being 2 updates enlisted whereas it has been a while since 0.3e was released, then consider that Kye probably has several branches, so he can work on the next version (whatever it may be) while porting serious fixes to the 0.3e branch as well.

Nice! I want to know a little bit about upgraded connection security. What exactly was updated and what forced to do this?

Thank you for the update, however I have got one question. Why a_mysql.inc file is included in the archive?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the answer on irc channel. In case if someone is curious about it:

Quote:

dugi: it was left there by accident

Good job.

O; yeah we really need such manual chat logging stuff , cause it was kinda useless soem time to log chat :P

Some people believes that the chat logger can be a lag factor for the samp-server, it proceeds?

Okay Thanks for this update

Will check this up now..

Hmm, I don\'t really know what that means? Better security, less lag?

Nice job !

Thanks for the 'chatlogging', now I can focus more on debug!

My server won't start up after replacing samp03svr on linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo9655
Посмотреть сообщение
My server won't start up after replacing samp03svr on linux
Have you changed the permission and made it executable ?

Wow Its Realy Cool Thnz For The Updates

that's awsome. i realy like it thanks kalcor -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
View Post
Learn to read? He said connection security was updated. NPCs connect to the server like a normal player would thus they have also increased security.
I believe he knows how to read.

Quote:
View Post
Not to be rude or anything but new updates are being released way too fast and they actually provide nothing that\'s really useful
Seriously? You\'re getting upset because UPDATES are being released?

On Topic:

Great, glad to see some updates starting to roll out for the servers again

REPORT- IP/PORTS CLONE

Hey Kye! long time no see, and its been a while since I\'ve reported,

NOT sure if this is a bug, that\'s why I did not post in bug area since i am not sure if its a linux server network issue or a sa-mp issue.

I\'ll report here, see if I get any replies if not, i\'ll report in a day in bug area:

I have 3 sa-mp servers in my dedicated server [Linux; Debian],

I was updating 2 sa-mp servers, when i turned 1 of them on, the 2nd server, on a different IP [same box]

reflected the 1st server- meaning like, 2 IPs was reflecting 1 server, i was accidentally getting players from another server, into PTP, when i turned 2nd server on, the- what looked like a bug- vanished and 2nd server started to show its correct server info.

This might not be a big issue, but i have NEVER experienced this issue before.

Screenshots as proof: [server was turned on seconds after update]

1st issue seen:
http://localhostr.com/files/uBISKUW/capture.png

2nd issue seen: [this was when 2nd server was set to turn on in that specific port]
http://localhostr.com/files/ifDm7hs/capture.png

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for chatlogging.

Quote:
View Post
I find security patches incredibly useful, as does any respectable and competent server administrator.