[Plugin] RNPC - Recordfree NPCs | Control NPCs without recording | DEV

OR. just assign the id under OnPlayerConnect.......?? thats what I do.

already a solution for this problem http://i.imm.io/yAht.png ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwashiorkor
View Post
already a solution for this problem http://i.imm.io/yAht.png ?
You need a folder called npcmodes. In that folder you need an other folder called recordings and then you are done

ah dumb me, thanks

Anyone got some code for pathfinding already for custom maps?

By the way, mauzen, when's the next update comin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
I called it a few times with various intervals while testing earlier, no progress. Same with MoveRNPC. The problem I'm having is the NPC isn't spawning at all!
I'm going to release a little include which fix this problems, I don't get why the first NPC spawned can't be destroyed :/

I just want to point out, that the ConnectRNPC function inside the include its bugged and I guess that that's the problem that affect most of users who use this... For example the ID 0 connects then the ID 1 will be skipped if its trying to connect any NPC, then the ID 2 will be connected, 4, 6 and such like that... I tried many methods to solve it but I'm afraid its a plugin-trouble. I have my own include, whoever want to try it just ask me :3 (ConnectRNPC still bugged on it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
View Post
I just want to point out, that the ConnectRNPC function inside the include its bugged and I guess that that's the problem that affect most of users who use this... For example the ID 0 connects then the ID 1 will be skipped if its trying to connect any NPC, then the ID 2 will be connected, 4, 6 and such like that... I tried many methods to solve it but I'm afraid its a plugin-trouble. I have my own include, whoever want to try it just ask me :3 (ConnectRNPC still bugged on it)
Hm I gave the current include a quick look, but cant find anything that could cause skipping of IDs. However theres that problem with NPCs having the same ID, when connecting multiple npcs without any pause, but this is already fixed in the 0.4 include, if i should ever finish it for release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
Hm I gave the current include a quick look, but cant find anything that could cause skipping of IDs. However theres that problem with NPCs having the same ID, when connecting multiple npcs without any pause, but this is already fixed in the 0.4 include, if i should ever finish it for release
I hope you gonna release it ASAP

Edit & P.S I think you gonna screw up if SA-MP 0.3x will improve NPCs such as nodes, walk/run/spring NPC support, fully vehicles support >.<

Quote:
View Post
I hope you gonna release it ASAP

Edit & P.S I think you gonna screw up if SA-MP 0.3x will improve NPCs such as nodes, walk/run/spring NPC support, fully vehicles support >.<
Hehe true, wouldnt be the first of my projects that got useless due to samp updates
But somehow I dont think NPCs will change a lot. 0.2x already had those "actor" npcs, till they changed it to the recorded npcs for some reasons, so I dont think theyll just change it back again. Would be great, but also a lot of work. The only thing im hoping for is synced aiming for the recorded NPCs, so i can add that to rnpc

I think the aiming is the most important thing, I can only get NPCs to shoot players who are standing on the same Z level. I wanted to add NPCs shooting from balconies but it'll have to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
I think the aiming is the most important thing, I can only get NPCs to shoot players who are standing on the same Z level. I wanted to add NPCs shooting from balconies but it'll have to wait!
You could get their facing angle and reduce the players health manually, wouldn't look perfect but could still do the job

First, sorry fore my bad english
Iґm from Germany.if I user the
MapAndreas Plugin the NPCґs
donґt jump 20 metres without
synchronisation ?
and can i User MoveRNPC
in a vehicle ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arendium
View Post
First, sorry fore my bad english
Iґm from Germany.if I user the
MapAndreas Plugin the NPCґs
donґt jump 20 metres without
synchronisation ?
and can i User MoveRNPC
in a vehicle ?
If i got that right, the first answer is no. NPCs cant jump by themselves, they can just play the jump animation, but without actually moving. You have to sync that movement manually. Automatically synced jumps might be another thing to add in the future, but theyre also hard to realize as you need to consider obstacles, climbing, etc.
The second is yes, MoveRNPC works both on foot and in vehicles.

Some new update: KingJtold me how to compile a release version of the dll properly. That version shouldnt need the mscv dlls, and should also run quite a bit faster. Its now available in the first post.
About 0.4: progress still is slow, sorry, im barely scripting at all these days. Trust me that I also hate letting this project sleep for so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
If i got that right, the first answer is no. NPCs cant jump by themselves, they can just play the jump animation, but without actually moving. You have to sync that movement manually. Automatically synced jumps might be another thing to add in the future, but theyre also hard to realize as you need to consider obstacles, climbing, etc.
The second is yes, MoveRNPC works both on foot and in vehicles.

Some new update: KingJtold me how to compile a release version of the dll properly. That version shouldnt need the mscv dlls, and should also run quite a bit faster. Its now available in the first post.
About 0.4: progress still is slow, sorry, im barely scripting at all these days. Trust me that I also hate letting this project sleep for so long
Release source code in development? We could possibly play around with it (you shouldn't be getting all the fuss regarding this) :P

@leong124 I don't think the problem is on the loop and I'm sure that it won't fix just because you re-define MAX_PLAYERS.

Quote:
View Post
@leong124 I don't think the problem is on the loop and I'm sure that it won't fix just because you re-define MAX_PLAYERS.
Yeah I have to admit that. It's my fault that I always want to correct the other people who doesn't script that efficiently lol.
Still, I am waiting for his explanation about the problem. I still can't understand what does he mean by "disappear and move on".
If it's not a scripting problem, then it's weird for them to disappear with only MoveRNPC. The only possibility I can think of is that they disconnected or they are teleported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
View Post
Yeah I have to admit that. It's my fault that I always want to correct the other people who doesn't script that efficiently lol.
Still, I am waiting for his explanation about the problem. I still can't understand what does he mean by "disappear and move on".
If it's not a scripting problem, then it's weird for them to disappear with only MoveRNPC. The only possibility I can think of is that they disconnected or they are teleported.
I got to agree with you. I can't understand what he means by that neither. However I'm sure that is not MoveRNPC plugin since I used it for ARNPC include and it's working very well. The problem is that since he use a a timer, and using MoveRNPC you build any 800ms (taking his example), so you can't build any other stuff untill you don't kill the timer.

That might be a solution but since I don't understand his problem very well, I can't help out

But he say "disappear", that makes the problem weird. I guess frequently sending a move command will not make them disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
View Post
But he say "disappear", that makes the problem weird. I guess frequently sending a move command will not make them disappear.
I think he means "disappear" as the NPC crash out the server . If so, I think there's some problems on his other code, could be some wrong BUILD MODE.